These Easy Blueberry Biscuits are so simple to make and your family will love them. They full of blueberries and topped with a lemon glaze. My name is Debbie and I am addicted to blueberry biscuits. Seriously , I have made these Easy Blueberry Biscuits so many times the past couple weeks my fingers have a bluish hue . As much as I love my traditional Blueberry Biscuits with Lemon Glaze I am all about saving time. Long before I was sharing my recipes I learned to make 7-up biscuits. I am sure you have seen a version of them floating around on Pinterest . They are so yummy and EASY. That is where I got the inspiration for these Easy Blueberry Biscuits. A few little adjustments and a perfect buttery, melt in your mouth breakfast.
These biscuits are super easy to make and the best part is they use frozen berries . That means you can make these any time of the year. This recipe is easy enough for any day but special enough for a holiday breakfast or even serving someone a special breakfast,
** THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
What you will need to make these Easy Blueberry Biscuits :
- Bisquick –
- Butter -Real butter
- Full Fat Sour Cream
- Frozen blueberries
- a real lemon
- Cast iron skillet or pie plate
- Biscuit cutter
- Mixing bowls
- rubber spatula
- wire whisk
Frequently asked questions
- Doe I have to use Bisquick ? Yes ..Bisquick is an all on one baking mix and it is a must for this recipe.
- Can I use Fat Free sour cream ? I don’t recommend it
- Can I use margarine instead of Butter? I don’t recommend it
- Do I have to use frozen Blueberries ? I recommend it because they do not break as easily
Let’s make some biscuits !
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in a pan or skillet and place in oven while preheating to melt
In a mixing bowl add the bisquick , lemon lime soda and sour cream.
Mix together until combined , the dough will be slightly sticky.
.Carefully fold in frozen blueberries
Place biscuits in the pan with the melted butter . Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or util golden brown on top.
Mix glaze in a small bowl
Spoon glaze over warm biscuits
Spoon glaze over warm biscuits
Best served warm
If you like this recipe you will love these :
Easy Blueberry Biscuits
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 cups Bisquick Plus about 1/2 cup for cutting
- 1/2 cup sour cream full fat
- 1 cup Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries see notes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in a pan or skillet and place in oven while preheating to melt
- In a mixing bowl add the bisquick , lemon lime soda and sour cream.
- Mix together until combined , the dough will be slightly sticky.
- Carefully fold in frozen blueberries
- Turn the dough out on to a flat clean surface sprinkled with plenty of bisquick . Making both side on coated . Pat the dough down to about 1 1/2 inches thick and cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter . SEE NOTES
- Place biscuits in the pan with the melted butter . Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or util golden brown on top.
- Mix glaze in a small bowl
- Spoon glaze over warm biscuits
- Best served warm
*This post contains affiliate links