These Mini Monte Cristo Sandwiches crisp up in the air fryer holding in ham, turkey and cheese. Topped with powdered sugar it is the perfect savory and sweet combination. It is even better dipped in a little raspberry perseveres. This little sandwich is a play on my all time favorite thing I would get at Bennigans. Growing up in Louisiana I would tell people it was a beignet and sandwich combo. If you have ever had this at Bennigans , it a sandwich dipped in a batter and deep fried. Doing this in the air fryer is not only easier it is a little healthier , lol. I made these for football snacks but these are also good for a Breakfast or Brunch . If you like this recipe check out my Apple Fritters.
What you will need to Make Mini Monte Cristo Sandwiches for the Air Fryer :
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Liner
- Basting Brush
- 5 count Grands Biscuits
- Deli Ham and Turkey
- Sliced Swiss
- 1 egg
- Powdered Sugar
- Sifter to Dust the Powdered Sugar
- Raspberry Preserves
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
Commonly Asked Questions :
- Do I have to use an Air fryer? These can be baked but they will not be as crisp . Still brush them with the egg wash and flip them . Just cook to a golden brown
- I don’t like Raspberries can I use a different preserves? Yes you can use your favorite . Raspberry is the tractional choice but it can be swapped out for your favorite jam or preserve.
- Can I use different meats and cheeses? You can but ham , turkey and swiss is traditional . American cheese is usually added as well but mix it up
- Do I have to top it will powdered sugar ? You don’t have to but why not? It helps give the savory and sweet combo.
Let’s get started !
Slice each biscuit horizontally in half. Flatten each half and make it as big as possible . Layer cheese, then a few slices of ham , then a slice of cheese , then a few slices of turkey and top with cheese
Top with the other biscuit half and seal the edges well.
Line the air fryer basket with a liner or parchment paper . Place the biscuits in the basket. Whisk together the egg and water and brush the tops of the biscuit. Cook at 375 for 10 minutes. Flip halfway and brush the other side with egg wash.
Serve warm with raspberry preserves.
If you like this recipe check out these :
Mini Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- 1 5 count Grands Biscuits I used Homestyle Buttermilk
- 1 large egg -with a Tablespoon of water Beaten together to make an egg wash
- Deli Ham Cut small
- Deli Turkey cut small
- Sliced Swiss cheese See notes
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Raspberry Preserves served on the side
- Slice each biscuit horizontally in half
- Flatten each half and make it as big as possible . Layer cheese, then a few slices of ham , then a slice of cheese , then a few slices of turkey and top with cheese
- Top with the other biscuit half and seal the edges well.
- Line the air fryer basket with a liner or parchment paper . Place the biscuits in the basket. Whisk together the egg and water and brush the tops of the biscuits.
- Cook and 380 for 5 minutes.
- Flip and brush the other side with the egg mixture. Cook another 5 minutes at 375 for 5 minutes
- When they are done brush them lightly with melted butter
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Serve with Raspberry Preserves . Best served warm