This Easy Baked Ziti is one of those meals all busy Moms should have on their dinner rotation. I am just like the rest of you , I’m chasing my tail trying to keep order in our crazy life. Doing all this plus put dinner on the table at the same time. I have been making this dish for many years and this is what it has evolved to. Back in the day when I had all three boys playing baseball I would make this up and instead of throwing it in the oven I would put it in the fridge. When we got home I would toss it in the oven and once everyone showered dinner was ready. No drive thru dinner but it was still fast.
This Easy Baked Ziti is creamy and full of flavor , it will sure to be a family favorite. Most people use ricotta cheese in this dish. One of my sons is super picky doesn’t like it. The Alfredo sauce makes it creamy and you never miss the ricotta. A simple green salad and garlic bread and this will be a complete meal in no time.
Let’s make this Easy Baked Ziti!!
This is super easy! First things first ..Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet heat up olive oil and add onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook them until they start to get soft. Add the one pound of ground meat to the skillet with the cooked veggies. Cook the ground meat and break it up really good then add the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Once the ground meat is cooked drain the grease off of it. The easiest way to this is move all your ground meat to one side of the pan and place a folded paper towel in the empty place. Tilt the pan slightly toward the paper towel and let it absorb the unwanted grease.
Add the marinara sauce and cook for a few minutes. In the mean time boil your pasta Al Dente according to the boxes directions, mine was good at about 10 minutes. Once pasta is done return it to the warm pot and mix in the Alfredo sauce and coat the pasta well. Pour the Alfredo coated pasta into 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
Top pasta with the Marinara and meat mixture and then cover with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Loosely cover the pan with foil and baked for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes .
Serve topped with grated Parmesan and ENJOY!!
If you like this recipe you will love these
Easy Baked Ziti
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 24 oz Jar prepared Marinara sauce
- 1 lb ziti or penne pasta
- 1 Jar Alfredo sauce 15-16oz
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet heat up olive oil and add onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until they start to get soft
- Add the one pound of ground meat to the skillet with the cooked veggies
- Cook the ground meat and break it up good, add the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
- Drain the oil from the meat
- Add the marinara sauce and cook for a few minutes
- Boil pasta al dente according to the boxes directions, mine was about 10 minutes
- Once pasta is done return it to the warm pot and mix in the Alfredo sauce and coat the pasta well
- Pour the Alfredo coated pasta into 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
- Top pasta with the Marinara and meat mixture
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on top
- Loosely cover the pan with foil and baked for 30 minutes
- Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes