Nothing says summer to me more than a fresh peach pie! This is such a simple recipe to let the sweetest summer fruit shine . The hardest part about this recipe is peeling and slicing the peaches. While you can used canned or frozen peaches nothing beats a good ole summer ripened peach. This time of year I can walk into a super market and smell the peaches, I just can’t resist them. Another great recipe using fresh peaches is my Peach and Cherry Amaretto Crisp, it’s so good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Growing up I rarely had fresh fruit pies unless I was staying with my Grandmother or Aunt. My Mother hated messing with pie dough. We had plenty of Peach Cobblers since that is fairly easy and no pie crust to mess with. Seriously though, there is nothing like a good old fashioned peach pie..SO GOOD!
Do you really have to peel your peaches?
This is totally a preference and I like my peaches peeled. You can make this pie with the peel still on , it bakes nice and soft but that is up to you. If your peaches are ripe they peel very easy without blanching them .
Let’s Make a Fresh Peach Pie !
Things you will need to make this pie:
- Refrigerated double pie crust-like Pillsbury
- 8-10 medium ripe peaches -equaling 4-5 cups sliced
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Cinnamon , ginger, and salt
- Vanilla extracts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and Line a pie plate with one pie crust and set aside.
Place pealed and sliced peaches in a large bowl. Then add both sugars , flour, cinnamon, ginger , salt and vanilla.
Gently stir filing until mixed well
Spoon peach mixture into prepared pie plate.
Top the pie with the second crust however you desire. I cut the second crust and did a lattice design but this is your choice. If you used the whole crust make sure to cut slits in it
To prevent over browning place a pie crust shield or foil around the outer edges of the crust. Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes, removing the pie crust shield the last 10 minutes
Allow to cool before slicing .
Serve alone , with whipped cream or ice cream.
Fresh Peach Pie
- 1 Package of 2 count pie crust
- 4-5 cups fresh peeled and sliced peaches about 8-10 medium peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a pie plate with one pie crust and set aside
- Place pealed and sliced peaches in a large bowl
- Add both sugars , flour, cinnamon, ginger , salt and vanilla.
- Gently stir until mixed well
- Spoon peach mixture into prepared pie plate
- Top the pie with the second crust however you desire. I cut the second crust and did a lattice design but this is your choice. If you used the whole crust make sure to cut slits in it.
- To prevent over browning place a pie crust shield or foil around the outer edges of the crust
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes, removing the pie crust shield the last 10 minutes
- Allow to cool before slicing
- Serve alone or with whipped cream or ice cream
Your pie looks perfect, I really wish I could get mine to look so neat 🙂
Thank you Georgina!
I can never get enough peaches during the summer, and this looks perfect for me! I love the ginger addition to keep things interesting. I’m a sucker for a little bit of spice.
Beautiful pie and lovely lattice work! Peach pie is probably my all time FAVORITE pie. I LOVE a slice of ice cold peach pie, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
I’m absolutely LOVING your recipe!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
That’s my second attempt at the lattice top, It’s getting better so thanks !!
I just made the most amazing peach pie thanks to you! All the tips are great, and the pie tastes amazing!
So glad you enjoyed it!
Love a good Peach Pie! Perfect for the Summer party! Though, I can eat it every day because it’s so tasty!
I agree !!
Such a gorgeous pie!! Nothing better than a fresh peach pie, especially one with lattice crust!
Thank you !!
I absolutely agree with you. You say “peach pie”, I say “summer”. You say “summer”, I say “peach pie”… The most delicious sequence ever! 🙂
Thank You Elaine!
Is it acceptable that I’m drooling just by looking at the pictures? We are in the market for a delicious pie recipe and this peach pie ticks all the boxes!
Fresh Peach Pie
Thank you so much for sharing this perfect peach pie! It’s really easy to make and it taste amazing! Loved it!