Savory and full of flavor this super easy creamy slow cooker chicken is a perfect budget friendly meal the whole family will love. This is an easy dump and go recipe , the slow cooker does all of the work. If you try just one of my recipes this is the one to try. I mean who doesn’t love the zesty flavor of this wing sauce , incorporating this into a dish was the best thing I ever did. This is the perfect recipe for someone that thinks they can’t cook. If you know a college student or young couple ..bingo this is the recipe for them.
Commonly asked Questions :
Do I have to use Chicken Breast?
For this recipe I use chicken breast but a boneless skinless chicken thigh could be used as well. They just shred a little differently
Where do I get the wing sauce?
Most supermarkets have this wing sauce on their condiment aisle . I have bought it at Wal-Mart and Kroger or it can even be bought at the Buffalo Wild Wing restaurant. If all else fails look on Amazon .
Do I have to use the brand of sauce you used?
When testing this recipe I used the Kroger brand of this sauce and it was good. I have to admit the buffalo wild wing sauce was just a little bit better. Sweet Baby Rae’s makes a version of this sauce but I have never tried it .
Can I use the Instant Pot to make this recipe ?
When testing this recipe I did try this in the instant pot and it worked. Follow the directions just as I wrote them but instead of cooking 3-4 hours on high set your Instant Pot to 12 minutes .
What you will need for this recipe:
- Slow cooker .. if you plan to cook this when you aren’t near I recommend a crock pot that shuts off like This
- Pot to Boil pasta
- Colander to drain the Pasta
- chicken breast
- Garlic parmesan wing sauce- like this
- Minced onions
- Cream cheese
- Favorite Pasta
Let’s Make Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken!
Gather the simple ingredients !
Wash and pat dry the chicken breast. Pour the bottle of wing sauce in the slow cooker and pour the milk into the wing sauce bottle.
Shake the bottle well and pour it in the slow cooker and add the minced onions. Whisk together well .
Submerge the chicken breast into the mixture. Place the lid on top and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours.
Once the chicken is done carefully remove the chicken breast from the slow cooker and place in a dish.
Shred the chicken with two forks and place it back in the sauce.
Cube the cream cheese and submerge the cream cheese in the mixture. Place the lid back on the let it melt while the pasta is cooking.
Once the pasta is cooked and drained fold it into the creamy chicken mixture.
If you like this recipe you will love these as well.
***This post contains affiliate links for more information click here
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken
- 2 LBS of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 12 oz Bottle of Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried Minced Onions
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 16 oz of your Favorite Pasta *see notes
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breast
- Pour the bottle of wing sauce in the slow cooker.
- Pour the cup of milk into the bottle, shake well and pour it into the crock pot.
- Add the minced onions and whisk together
- Submerge the chicken breast into the sauce
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours or 5-6 hours on low
- Once the chicken is cooked carefully remove it with tongs and place it on a plate it cooking dish
- Use to forks and shred well
- Put the chicken bake into the sauce and cube the cream cheese and submerge it into the mixture.
- Put the lid back on the slow cooker and let the cream cheese melt while you cook the pasta
- Cook Pasta according the the package and drain.
- Add the hot pasta to the mixture and stir well making sure all the cream cheese is melted.