What is the holidays without pumpkin pie? At my house no ordinary pumpkin pie will do , it has the be Pumpkin Pie Supreme. One bite of this pie and you will never look at a plain sad pumpkin pie again without thinking of this lovely pie. You will be ruined and only want this as your holiday pie. This pie has so many layers of yumminess! Next the flakey crust there is a gingersnap and pecan layer , the perfect base for the pie. Then is your typical creamy pumpkin filling topped with a yummy pecan streusel. The perfect Pumpkin Pie supreme!! If you love pumpkin but don’t want a pie give a few of my pumpkin cookies a try. They Pumpkin Eggnog Cookies and Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Cookies .
Honestly, on a plain pie I would put a dollop of whipped cream but this pie is special enough to be served alone. There are a few extra steps in making this pie but it is well worth it. This can even be made the day before and it is just fine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the pie crust into a pie plate and crimp the edges. Run Gingersnaps in a food processor until you get a cup and place in a mixing bowl. Then run pecans in a food processor until you get a cup and add to the gingersnaps. Add powdered sugar , then add melted butter and mix until it is incorporated. Press the gingersnap mixture into the pie crust and going up the edges. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool for about 15 minutes while mixing the next layer
Mix the pure pumpkin , sweetened condensed milk and slightly beaten eggs. Add pumpkin spice, sour cream and mix well. Pour into the prepared pie crust and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
While the pie is cooking mix together the coarsely chopped pecans, flour , and brown sugar. Coat the mixture with the melted butter. Once the Pie has baked 30 minute remove it from the oven and top the pie with the streusel topping.
Baked another 20 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before slicing and adore all those yummy layers.
Pumpkin Pie Supreme
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1 cup finely crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
Pumpkin pie filling
- 1 15 oz pure pumpkin
- 1 14 oz Sweetened Condensed milk
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pie crust into a pie plate and crimp the edges
- Run Gingersnaps in a food processor until you get a cup and place in a mixing bowl
- Run pecans in a food processor until you get a cup and add to the gingersnaps
- Add powdered sugar and mix it all together
- Mix in melted butter until it is incorporated
- Press the gingersnap mixture into the pie crust and going up the edges
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool for about 15 minutes while mixing the next layer
Pumpkin Pie Layer
- Mix together the pure pumpkin , sweetened condensed milk and slightly beaten eggs
- Once mixed well add pumpkin spice and sour cream, mix well
- Pour into the prepared pie crust
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes
- While the pie is cooking mix together the coarsely chopped pecans, flour , and brown sugar
- Coat the mixture with the melted butter
- Once the Pie has baked 30 minute remove it from the oven and top the pie with the streusel topping.
- Bake another 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing
Pumpkin pie is one of my Thanksgiving favorites, but I love this upgraded pie with the Pecan Streusel topping on it!
Thanks Sharon..pumpkin pie is a must for me too.
This pie is a stunner…wow! You have added a crumb crust as well as a pastry crust…so unique. The streusel topping is a nice touch too.
Thanks Bernice ..the two crust are pretty special.
Wow, this is so so good. I have never made a pumpkin pie at home. This is what I needed. Thank you.
Sophie this is an epic pumpkin pie to start with.
Wow wow wow. What a pie for the ages! This is truly genius and it combines everything I love in one dish. Really what else do you need on Thanksgiving?! 😀
Thanks Tammy I agree..bring on the pie!!
I’ve always thought pumpkin pies needed a little extra somethin’ somethin’, and this is perfect! I love the added crunch.
This pie was amazing – we took it to a friendsgiving dinner last night and people were loosing their minds! Will make it again for sure. Thank you!
So Glad you all enjoyed it.
Wow, that is surely no ordinary pumpkin pie! That gingersnap and pecan layer in between the crust and the filling is to die for!!
It’s my favorite thing about the pie , i think lol
So true. If there is no pumpkin pie, there are no holidays 🙂 An absolute must in each family. Can’t wait to give your recipe a try – it certainly looks extra delicious!
Thank You Elaine!
[…] PUMPKIN PIE SUPREME from Baked, Broiled, and Basted […]
[…] Pumpkin Pie Supreme Recipe […]