This 4 ingredient hot cocoa mix is the perfect thing to keep you warm in the colder months. It is rich , creamy and is excellent for gift giving. If you are searching for inexpensive teacher gifts or hostess gifts for the holiday season look no further , this is it. This mix can be doubled or tripled and is a fraction of the cost of the premixed hot cocoa. We are hot cocoa fanatics at my house and several years ago when my three boys were younger I discovered making my own mix was so much more cost effective. What is even more fun is adding flavored creamers to give your cocoa a little something extra. While I keep this recipe very basic keep in mind adding flavored creamers like Hazelnut, French vanilla , or even vanilla caramel is so much fun.
Useful equipment to make this mix:
While this is super easy to make somethings can make your life a little easier.
- Large Mixing bowl
- Wire whisk
- Air tight storage container
- Dehydrated Marshmallows –these are just fun to add.
- Hot Cocoa Bomb Molds
In a large Bowl mix together all of the ingredients.
This is the most important step, sift together the ingredients. This step makes sure all the lumps are out and the mix is nice and fine. Once the mix is sifted store in an air tight container.
These dehydrated marshmallows are the perfect addition to your hot cocoa.
This is the perfect and an inexpensive gift for teachers , friends or even a great hostess gift.
To make cocoa place about 1/3 cup in a mug and pour steamed milk over it for a richer cocoa. Mix well and top with marshmallows or whipped cream. This mix is also great to use in Hot Cocoa Bombs
** This post contains affiliate links
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Milk
- 2 Cups Powdered Creamer
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Cups Baking Cocoa Powder
- Add all of the ingredient to a large mixing bowl
- Whisk together with a wire whisk
- Once all of the ingredients are whisked together run them through a sifter-do not skip this step this insures all of the ingredients are mixed will and there are no large lumps
- Store in an Air tight container.
Making a cup of cocoa
- Add about 1/3 cup of mix to a mug
- Pour about 1 cup of steamed milk over it and stir well
- Optional-top with marshmallows or whipped cream
- NOTE..You can replace the steamed milk with boiling water but the steamed milk gives you a much richer hot cocoa