I know it is after the holidays and most people are slowing down a bit. My reality is a little different , my kids schedule keeps us busy. My oldest son wrestles and his busiest time is January and February. We are seriously out of town every weekend in January and part of February for wrestling tournaments. My youngest son plays basketball , so a few days a week we have that also. I welcome any time savers in my life and I found it with these premade zucchini spirals. I have used them several times in low carb dishes for my husband and we all love them . They are perfect in this Chicken and Zoodles dish , but if you can’t find them just make your own the traditional way.
Eating low carb doesn’t mean low flavor . This dish is full of flavor and texture. The zucchini spirals really make you feel like you have pasta and soak up all the flavors. This is seriously so good and easy . This is one of those dishes I make and package up for meals for several days to keep on track
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and gather your items . Go ahead and prep your bell pepper , broccoli, and mushrooms.
Melt butter in a large skillet . Lightly salt and pepper chicken thighs and brown them on each side .
While the chicken is browning prepare a 9×13 baking dish . Place the Zoodles in the bottom and half of the large chopped red bell pepper on top of that
Place browned chicken on top of the Zoodles and put broccoli around the chicken
In the same skillet as you browned the chicken melt a little more butter and start cooking the diced mushrooms and remaining diced bell pepper
Once the vegetables are cooked a little add chicken broth.
Add salt , pepper , onion powder , garlic powder and red pepper flakes and bring up to a slight boil
Add cream and bring back to a slight boil
Add pepper jack cheese
Stir until melted
Poor over the chicken and Zoodles
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes . Let it sit for 10 minutes uncovered before serving
If you like this low carb dish check out these choices also:
Chicken and Zoodles
- 6-8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs- washed and salt and peppered lightly
- Large Red Pepper .. 1/2 large chopped 1/2 small dice
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms - small dice
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli
- 10.7 package of zucchini spirals or make your own Zoodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and pat dry chicken thighs and lightly salt and pepper them
- In a large skillet on medium heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter and brown chicken on birth sides
- In a 9x13 dish place Zoodles and top with the half of the red bell pepper that is chopped larger
- Once the chicken is brown placed on top of he Zoodles and place broccoli pieces around the chicke
- In the same skillet melt two more tablespoons of butter and add the other half of the diced bell pepper and diced mushrooms
- Once the vegetables are slightly cooked add the chicken broth .
- Add salt , pepper , onion powder , garlic powder and red pepper flakes and bring up to a slight boil.
- Add heavy cream and bring back up to a slight boil
- Add the shredded pepper jack cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour over the chicken and Zoodles.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Let sit uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.