This creamy and savory loaded potato casserole is jammed packed with bacon and cheese . It is the ultimate comfort food and perfect for serving a crowd. This is the perfect casserole to bring to a pot luck, holiday dinner , cook out , or just serving a family. Making a casserole is also a great way to make potatoes stretch as well. I have made a version of this when I did not have enough baked potatoes for everyone and just didn’t want to go to the store. Whether you are making a buck stretch or just wanting to serve an awesome side dish , this versatile casserole is the one to try. I mean who doesn’t like potatoes?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to use Russet Potatoes ? No you can use another type- Red potatoes and Yukon Gold are great alternatives
- Do I have to peel the potatoes ? If you like the skin leave them on, just make sure you scrub them. I also find a red potato or Yukon gold would work better
- Can I bake the potatoes instead of boiling? By all means if this is your comfort zone bake the potato instead of boiling, the end result will be the same.
- Can I use evaporated milk? Yes it is a great alternative
- What if I don’t like sour cream? I honestly don’t taste the sour cream but if you don’t like it add a little more milk so it won’t be dry.
- Can I use Bacon bits instead of bacon? I recommend the Real bacon bits
Let’s Make Loaded Potato Casserole !
Gather Ingredients :
- 3 LBS potatoes- peeled cubed and boiled
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6-8 slices of bacon-diced and cooked
- 1 teaspoon dale
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Equipment you may need:
Gather your Ingredients! Peel and cube potatoes and put them on to boil. Dice and cook bacon until crisp and drain on a paper towel .
Once potatoes are tender drain them and return them to the hot pot. Add milk, butter , salt and pepper.
Mash potatoes to desired consistency .
Stir in half the shredded cheese.
Stir in half the bacon and sour cream.
Spread into a 9×13 baking dish , cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
After 20 Minutes uncover and top with remaining cheese and bacon. Baked for another 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve hot.
If you like this recipe check these out
**** This post contains affiliate links for more information click here