This creamy peanut butter frosting is the perfect silky frosting to top any cake or cupcake. I have this unwritten rule at my house..NO Canned Frosting!! I can doctor up a boxed cake mix to be delectable but that frosting in a can , it is beyond help. This is one of my favorite frostings, and I have tinkered around with proportions for years. This recipe is the perfect texture for piping , it is not too thick or too thin. This is the frosting I used on the Nutter Butter Football Cupcakes and it is perfect with chocolate cupcakes. Just some another suggestion is this is great on a banana cake also.
There is nothing more classic than chocolate and peanut butter together. This is the perfect frosting to top a chocolate cake or cupcake . Don’t stop there this could go with so many other cakes. This would be a perfect compliant to a tender banana cake or even a peanut butter cake.
Things you will need to Make Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Room Temp Butter
- Powdered sugar
- Hand mixer or stand up mixer
Start off by creaming together room temp butter and peanut butter. Add the vanilla .Then add powdered sugar a cup at a time and alternate with milk until smooth and creamy.
Once it is the consistency you like it is perfect for piping or spreading on cakes or cupcakes
Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/2 Cups Butter Room temp
- 1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extracts
- 4 1/2 Cups Powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Cream together butter and peanut butter
- Add vanilla
- Add one cup of powdered sugar at a time
- alternate with a tablespoon of milk
- Beat until smooth and the frosting is the consistency you like
- Spread or pipe onto a cake or cupcake of your choice