This cool and creamy Coconut Poke Cake starts with a simple white cake and then drenched with sweet coconut pudding. Topped off with a coconut flavored whipped topping and flaked coconut. We love pudding poke cakes at my house and this one right here is no exception. I mean who doesn’t love a good coconut cake? Growing up starting around Easter and into the summer months we always had some type of coconut dessert . There is just something tropical and yummy about it. This is one of those simple cakes you pull out of the Ice Box and in warmer months and it is so refreshing. Trust me , it will be the first cake to disappear at a potluck.
What will you need to make a Coconut Poke Cake :
- White cake mix along with the ingredient to make it
- Coconut Extract
- Coconut Cream Pudding mix
- Dream Whip
- Sweetened Flaked Coconuts
Suggested tools to make this cake:
- Mixing bowls
- Wire Whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9×13 baking dish with lid
- Reusable straw to poke holes
- Cooking Spray with Flour
- Hand Mixer
Mix the cake according to boxes directions and add two teaspoons of coconut extracts to it. This will give it a little bit of extra flavor.
Once the cake is mix pour it in a 9×13 baking dish prepared with a baking spray. Bake the cake according to the boxes directions.
After the cake has cooled for about 30 minutes poke random holes all over using either a straw or end of a wooden spoon handle.
Once the cake is cooled mix the coconut pudding with two cups of milk.
Before the pudding firms up too much pour the pudding over the cake making sure the holes are filling with pudding.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the packet of Dream Whip , milk and coconut extracts , beat until soft peaks form.
Carefully spread the whipped topping over the cake and then top with flaked coconut.
Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving. This cake should be stored in the fridge and keeps for 3-4 days.
Slice , serve and ENJOY!
If you like Poke Cakes you make like these as well:
Coconut Poke Cake
- White Cake Mix
- Ingredients Needed for cake mix ..Eggs oil and water
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Coconut Extracts-Divided
- 3.4 oz Instant Coconut Cream Pudding *see notes
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk -Divided
- 1 packet Dream Whip
- 2 cups Flaked Sweetened Coconut
- Mix cake according to boxes directions and add two teaspoons of coconut extracts to it.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish prepared with baking spray
- Bake according to the boxes directions for a 9x13 pan size
- Once the cake is baked allow it to cool for 30 minutes
- Using a hard reusable straw or the handle of a wooden spoon randomly poke holes all over the cake
- Allow the cake to cool completely
- Once the cake is cooled Mix the pudding packet with 2 cups of milk
- Before the pudding firms up too much pour it over the cake and use a rubber spatula to make sure the pudding gets into the holes
- In a medium mixing bowl mix 1 packet of Dream Whip, 1/2 cup of cold milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extracts
- Beat until soft peaks form
- Spread the ready whip on top of the cake , careful not to mix it with the pudding
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded coconut on top.
- Cover and chill for about an hour before serving
- Store the cake in the fridge and it keeps for 3-4 days