Apparently eggnog is one of those things that people Hate or Love . How ?? I am in that LOVE category! Once I see the rich creamy eggnog hit the shelves I know the holiday season is right around the corner. These Pumpkin Eggnog Cookies are made from….Pumpkin Eggnog.. if you have never tried it you need to. Although I love it ,I have had many baking failures with it. This is year three I have tried to make something with it and finally got a great result. My theory is the high sugar content has given me bad results, that’s my story and I am sticking to it LOL . If you love pumpkin but not eggnog check out my Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Cookies, another great fall goodies.
So lets talk about basic baking . When a recipe calls for butter always use real butter, not margarine. There is a big difference and your results will not be good in a cookie particularly . All of your baking ingredients should be room temperature ..the butter and egg in this recipe. The eggnog I poured the 1/2 cup right before I started and it was long enough to take the chill off. This recipe is super easy .
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then cream together butter and sugar until nice and fluffy , beat in the egg. Then add the rum and vanilla extract. IN a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice. Alternate adding flour and the pumpkin eggnog to the butter sugar mixture until everything is incorporated.
Drop tablespoons of dough onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Place cookie on cooling racks when done. Once cookies are cool make the glaze ,Add more pumpkin eggnog if you like a thinner glaze but do it a little at a time. Dip the top of the cookies in the glaze and allow to set up on the cooling racks.
Pumpkin Eggnog Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 rum extracts
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin eggnog
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
Pumpkin Eggnog Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extracts
- 2-3 Tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- cream together butter and sugar until nice and fluffy
- beat in the egg
- Add the rum and vanilla extracts
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice
- Alternate adding flour and the pumpkin eggnog to the butter sugar mixture until everything is incorporated
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto a prepared cookie sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes
- When cookie is done place on cooling racks
- Once cookies are cool make the glaze
- Add more more pumpkin eggnog if you like a thinner glaze but do it a little at a time
- Dip the top of the cookies in the glaze
- Allow to set up on the cooling racks