These Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are soft and chewy and full of pumpkin spice. They are a spiced twist on the classic cookie , the only cookie you need this fall. This is honestly the best pumpkin cookie and may even convert non pumpkin lovers . There is nothing I don’t love about this cookie. It is soft and chewy , kissed with the right amount of pumpkin spice. Believe it or not I find most pumpkin cookies to be too cake like , but not this one . If you love pumpkin cookies check out these Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin cookies out .
What you will need to make Pumpkin Snickerdoodles :
- Butter -real butter no substitutions
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Pumpkin Spice
- Cinnamon — Tap Here for my favorite
- Egg Yolk- Not the whole egg
- Pumpkin Puree -Not Pumpkin Pie Mix
- Cream of Tarter
- Baking soda -Not Baking powder
- Vanilla Extracts
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Scoop
- Hand Mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
Let’s make some Cookies :
Start by creaming together the butter , pumpkin and both sugars. Mix until nice and fluffy . Now add all of the dry ingredients, no need to mix in a separate bowl . Mix until a dough forms and chill for an hour.
Once the dough is chilled scoop out about a tablespoon and form a ball. Roll the dough in a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Place the coated dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart . Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and ten transfer to a cooling rack.
Store in a sealed container , if they last that long.
If you love pumpkin check out these recipes :
- 1/2 cup butter Room temp
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together the butter ,egg yolk, both sugars , pumpkin puree and vanilla. Cream until smooth and fluffy
- Add the flour , cream of tarter , baking soda , salt and pumpkin pie spice
- Mix until a dough forms . Chill dough for about an hour .
- Once dough is chilled preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the cinnamon and sugar mixture coating all sides .
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10-13 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 4-5 minutes
- Transfer them to a cooling rack