These Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies stir up all the emotions of Christmas. I don’t know about everyone else but most of my memories of the holidays involve food . Whether it is the Thanksgiving turkey and dressing my mom made or the hours we spent in the kitchen doing our holiday baking. Most of my childhood memories are centered around food and all the yummy aromas. When I was young my mother and I spent several days in the kitchen making holiday cookies, pecan tassies, candies, and breads to give as holiday gifts . I was in fat girl’s heaven!!
You see back in the 70’s and 80’s you simply didn’t go to the store and buy your neighbor, school teacher , or friend holiday treats. They had to be made with love and wrapped up in holiday cellophane wrap or even a holiday tin , and a bow was always carefully place on top. That is a tradition I still carry on today , everyone gets baked goods during the holidays from our household. There are some old standards we have to do but every year I try to create something a little different . Two of my favorite things are dark chocolate and peppermint so I combined them into a cookie .. Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies. These cookies are seriously what Christmas dreams are made of . Take one bite and you will swear Santa’s elves sprinkled a little Christmas magic on them. Rich dark chocolate with peppermint infused in the cookie and the white chocolate coating. These little gems are not only the taste of Christmas but they are precious , perfect for gift giving or even leaving out for Santa. If you love these you must check out my Peppermint Mocha Mix.
Equipment Needed to make these cookies:
- Cookie Scoop
- Parchment Paper
- Baking sheets-these large baking sheets are what I use to make all my cookies
- Cooling rack
- Peppermint Extract
- Dark Chocolate cocoa powder
Let’s make Cookies!
First preheat your oven to 350. To start this simple cookie blend together room temperature butter , both sugars and the eggs
Once everything is blended well add the peppermint extract and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Flour , baking soda, salt, and dark chocolate cocoa and add the dry ingredients to the other mixture and blend well.
Once the dough is blended well stir in the chocolate chunks
I used a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop and placed them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet.Transfer them to cool on a cooling rack
Once the cookie is cool melt the white chocolate according to the packages directions . Once it is melted add the peppermint extract
Dip half of the cooled cookie into the white chocolate and place on the cooling rack to dry. I put a piece of wax paper under the cooling rack to catch the drippings and this makes clean up a cinch.
Before the white chocolate sets up sprinkle some holiday sprinkles onto that side of the cookie.
Wrap up and give as gifts
Or put out on a platter and watch the dissapear.
This post contains affiliate links
Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extracts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- White chocolate bark
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter, both sugars and eggs
- Add the peppermint extracts and vanilla extracts
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour , dark cocoa, baking soda, and salt
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until it is well blended
- Hand mix the dark chocolate chunks into the dough
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet , I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in the cookie sheet
- Transfer to a cooling rack
- allow cookie to completely cool before before coating it with white chocolate
- Heat the white chocolate bark up according to the packages direction
- Once the white chocolate bark is heated add 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extracts
- Dip half of the cookie in the white chocolate and sprinkle with christmas sprinkles before it sets up
- Allow the white chocolate to completely set up before serving
[…] Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies from Baked Broiled and Basted […]
[…] 14. Fast and easy to decorate, these homemade chocolate mint cookies are dipped in white chocolate and decorated with coloured sprinkles. – Click here to get the recipe. […]
[…] Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies (recipe on Baked Broiled and Basted) […]
[…] 11. Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies […]
I’ve been wanting to make a dark chocolate cookie and these look perfect, especially with peppermint. Really looking forward to how good my kitchen is going to smell with these in the oven!
I hope you enjoy them Cindy!
How many cookies does this recipe make?
Hi JoAnne this recipe makes around 2 dozen depending on the size of the cookie scoop you use
[…] Double Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies by Baked Broiled and Basted […]