Protein Peanut Butter Mini Muffins are the perfect breakfast on the go. They have hidden protein and the classic Peanut butter and Chocolate combo that everyone loves. It’s officially summer and at my house and that means a busy schedule for my teenage boys. Summer time means camps and training for the activities they do year round. To make things a little crazier my oldest son got a job as a lifeguard at a local water park that keeps him busy on top of his normal schedule . I leave for work at 5:45AM everyday so I don’t have time to cook my kids breakfast . I was trying to come up with a way to get a little protein in their diet in the mornings. Move over cereal and pop tarts we have protein packed muffins.
Let’s Make Protein Peanut Butter Mini Muffins!
These are super simple to make and I started them off with a protein pancake mix , any brand would do. Adding Greek yogurt and peanut butter not only adds flavor it adds more protein. My kids love chocolate chip pancakes and muffins so adding them was a little bonus for them but they are only optional. While these are not a substitute for eggs and bacon they are a good option when in a hurry . These are like any other muffins and basically whip all the ingredients together and then fold in the chocolate chips. After spraying a mini muffin pan spoon the mixture into muffin wells. Bake in a preheated oven for eight to ten minutes.
If you love this recipe check out my Cherry Chia Smoothie.
Protein Peanut Butter Mini Muffins
- 2 Cups Protein Pancake Mix-I have used Krusteaz or Kodiak
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 5.3 oz Greek Yogurt about a 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter your favorite we like Honey Peanut butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips-Optional
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray with flour
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the pancake mix, baking powder, sugar, milk , yogurt, and eggs.
- Beat until smooth
- Add peanut butter, vanilla and beat until smooth
- Fold in mini chocolate chips
- Fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool slightly and remove from pan
- Can be stored in a sealed container for 2-3 days