These Pimento and Cheese Sausage Balls are added to my list of favorite bite size snacks. I am obsessed with my Smoked Gouda and Pimento Cheese and making all sorts of goodies with it. This is my latest addition to the list but feel free to use your favorite store bought version. When cream cheese and pimento cheese is added to this sausage ball it really gives it a great creamy texture. The flavor is amazing also but if you like something with a pop of flavor use spicy sausage but the regular is perfect for me.
Here is the thing about these Pimento and Cheese Sausage Balls, they are versatile. They can make an appearance on your breakfast /brunch buffet or on a platter at your next party. Regardless of where you serve them they will be loved and should have a warning label on them. They are highly addictive!! If you have never had Pimento and Cheese you just don’t know what you are missing. I love anything and everything pimento cheese and I like to try all sorts if things made with it. So, making these sausage balls was no big surprise in my house. Another great recipe is my Grilled Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese Sandwich.
These are super easy to make. First off preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Do you have to use parchment paper? I love using parchment paper for almost everything I bake. Why? Everything bakes more evenly on it and nothing sticks to your pan. An added bonus is easy clean up.
In a large mixing bowl mix the breakfast sausage, pimento cheese, shredded cheddar, cream cheese and onion powder. Use a hand mixer and beat it together to get it mixed well. Now add in the bisquick and mix well. Using a cookie scoop or spoon make balls and place them on the lined cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve on a platter for breakfast, brunch or as an appetizer. Enjoy!!
Pimento and Cheese Sausage Balls
- 1 Lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1 cup Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese or your favorite
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix like bisquick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl mix the breakfast sausage, pimento cheese, shredded cheddar, cream cheese and onion powder.(using an electric mixer makes this super easy)
- Mix in bisquick
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon make balls and place them on the lined cookie sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown