This Southwestern Tilapia is baked to perfection in a warm blend of spices . It is baked to flaky perfection in minutes . Round this meal out with Spanish rice , black beans and sliced avocado and you have a simple healthy meal. We loved this topped with a spoon full of Texas Caviar, but this is optional. The thing I love about tilapia is it is very mild in flavor and it cooks very quickly. You can have a whole meal made in 30 minutes or less.
Let’s Make Southwestern Tilapia !
What you will need to make this :
- 4 Tilapia filets
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- onion powder
- chipotle chili powder
- salt and pepper
This recipe is super simple and does not require any special equipment.
- baking sheet–click here for my favorite
Preheat oven 425 degrees ,Wash and pat dry the fish filets.
Mix together the seasoning in a small bowl.
Sprinkle both sides of the filets with seasoning and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Drizzle the filets with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
This Southwestern Tilapia is great served alone or Topped with Texas Caviar.
If you like this recipe check these out:
** This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small profit from products at no cost to you . Click HERE for full disclaimer
- 4 filets Tilapia
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Preheat oven 425 degrees . Wash and pat dry the fish filets.
- Mix together the seasoning in a small bowl
- Sprinkle both sides of the filets with seasoning and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Drizzle the filets with olive oil
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes
- Serve alone or with Texas Caviar