What is Christmas without Christmas Cracker Candy? I am obsessed with cracker candy this year and have played around with a couple of recipes. This White Chocolate Christmas Cracker Candy one of my new favorites along with my standard Christmas Cracker Candy. The great thing about this recipe is there is no tricky timing and thermometers . It is a great candy to make for beginners or the most seasoned cooks.
Start off my gathering all of your ingredients. At this time you can chop your nuts and sugar your cranberries while the oven preheats.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray it with non stick cooking spray. In a small sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium heat. Bring the sugar mixture up to a boil for about 2 minutes. Now, drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the crackers evenly then take a rubber spatula spread it evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove the tray out of the oven, it the crackers have spread take a spatula push them together tightly. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the crackers and cover with foil and set aside for 5-7 minutes. Once the chips set carefully spread the white chocolate chips . Sprinkle with sugared cranberries and pistachios. Let cool completely then break apart.
This White Chocolate Christmas Cracker Candy is great for not only eating but for gift giving !!
White Chocolate Christmas Cracker Candy
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with non stick spray
- Line up the saltine crackers on the cookie sheet
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium heat
- Bring the sugar mixture up to a boil for about 2 minutes
- With a spoon evenly drizzle the sugar mixture over the crackers then spread it with a rubber spatula to cover all the crackers evenly
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes
- When you remove the cookie sheet the crackers may shift so push them back together
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the crackers and cover with foil and set aside for 5-7 minutes
- While the chips are melting sugar the dried cranberries by placing them in a bag with sugar and shake well until they are coated..remove them from the bag leaving excess sugar behind
- With a rubber spatula carefully spread the white chocolate
- Sprinkle the sugared cranberries and pistachios on top of the melted white chocolate
- Allow to cool completely and break apart
- Keep in a sealed container