Every comfort food I can think of off the top of my head is full of carbs, and I am especially partial to breads. When bread baskets are offered at a restaurant I am that person that can’t eat their meal because I am full from the yummy warm bread. Seriously, if someone told me I couldn’t eat bread the rest of my life unless I cut my big toe off , GOODBYE BIG TOE. First I would be looking for a really sharp knife, then I would toss out my flip flops. Life isn’t worth living without the simple luxury of bread, who needs a big toe?!! These little bite sized Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins are no exception.
I have been to several restaurants that serve cheddar jalapeno hush puppies and they are so good. I honestly hate to pull out the fryer unless I have to so I decided to mimic the hush puppies in this mini muffin. These cheddar jalapeno cornbread muffins are slightly sweet and have a great fluffy texture with bits of corn and cheese . The diced jalapenos give these a bit of a kick but not to much that you can’t enjoy them. These are great to pop in your mouth alone or even with a smear of butter. If you like a little sweetness with your cornbread drizzle a little bit of honey on one , yumm. I usually make these when we have a soup , stew, or chili but honestly they are good with anything .
The beauty of cornbread is it isn’t only delicious it is super easy to make. Win Win , right??? Start off with mixing the flour , cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Then mix in the oil, buttermilk, honey, corn and slightly beaten eggs.
Then add the diced jalapenos and shredded cheese.
Add mixture to an oiled mini muffin pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Let the muffins slightly cool and remove from the pan.
Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 15.25 oz can of corn-drained
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos -deseeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, salt , baking soda, and baking powder
- Add oil, buttermilk, honey, slightly beaten eggs and drained corn
- Mix well
- Add deseeded jalapenos and cheddar cheese
- Mix Well
- Add to prepared mini muffin pan- This should be enough for 48 mini muffins
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool slightly and remove from pan