These Banana Blueberry Waffles are the perfect fruity flavor combination in a waffles that is crisp on the outside but warm and fluffy on the inside. At my house I can buy bananas one week and they disappear so quickly I wonder if we have a monkey hiding in the closet. The next week I can buy them and nobody eats them . This weekend it was the second choice and I had a bowl full of over ripen bananas. My boys love homemade waffles and I decided to incorporate bananas into a basic waffle mix and they were wonderful. I love a warm homemade waffle that is slightly crisp on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. I had some fresh blueberries on hand so these Banana Blueberry Waffles were born.
What you will need to make these waffles :
- Waffle maker
- Flour, sugar , baking powder, milk and eggs
- Fresh Blueberries
- Ripe Banana
- Cooking spray
Let’s Make Banana Blueberry Waffles!
These waffles are so easy to make anyone can do it. Start off by heating your waffle iron. Sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
Add slightly beaten eggs and half the milk. Add the rest of the milk and beat until smooth. Add the mashed banana and extracts and mix well .
Fold in blueberries carefully.
Cook waffles according the manufacturers directions of your waffle iron, you want them crisp and slightly brown on the outside.
If you like this recipe check out these :
Banana Blueberry Waffles
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 very ripe banana smashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract optional
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Sliced Bananas
- Syrup of your Choice
- Plug in and preheat your waffle Iron
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar and baking powder
- Add slightly beaten eggs then half of the milk
- Mix together and then add the remaining milk a little at a time , mixing as you add it
- Once the batter is mixed add a mashed banana and the extracts , mix well
- Fold in blueberries
- Cook your waffles according to the directions for your waffle iron. I usually spray min with a little spray . You want them crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
- Top with toppings of your choice