These Banana Blueberry Waffles are the perfect fruity flavor combination in a waffles that is crisp on the outside but warm and fluffy on the inside. At my house I can buy bananas one week and they disappear so quickly I wonder if we have a monkey hiding in the closet. The next week I can buy them and nobody eats them . This weekend it was the second choice and I had a bowl full of over ripen bananas. My boys love homemade waffles and I decided to incorporate bananas into a basic waffle mix and they were wonderful. I love a warm homemade waffle that is slightly crisp on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. I had some fresh blueberries on hand so these Banana Blueberry Waffles were born.
When I was younger I loved my waffles drenched in syrup, and there is nothing wrong with that . It is just the older I get I can’t take all that sugar especially in the morning. I prefer my waffles with slightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit. Actually you can do this and add a little bit of syrup. These babies are good no matter what you top them with.
Let’s Make Banana Blueberry Waffles!
These waffles are so easy to make anyone can do it. Start off by heating your waffle iron. Sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar. Add slightly beaten eggs and half the buttermilk. Add the rest of the buttermilk and beat until smooth. Add the mashed banana and extracts and mix well . Fold in blueberries carefully. Cook waffles according the manufacturers directions of your waffle iron, you want them crisp and slightly brown on the outside.
Banana Blueberry Waffles
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 smashed very ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Sliced Bananas
- Syrup of your Choice
- Plug in and preheat your waffle Iron
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar and baking powder
- Add slightly beaten eggs then half of the buttermilk
- Mix together and then add the remaining buttermilk a little at a time , mixing as you add it
- Once the batter is mixed add a mashed banana and the extracts , mix well
- Fold in blueberries
- Cook your waffles according to the directions for your waffle iron. I usually spray min with a little spray . You want them crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
- Top with toppings of your choice