This Cajun Potato Salad is full of spice and isn’t just sprinkled with Cajun Seasoning . I have lived in Southwest Louisiana my entire life and our culture revolves around fabulous food. When any event is planned the meal is planned before the other details are worked out. Even though my family’s heritage is not of French Canadian descent I have been around Cajun cooking my entire life . Most Cajun dishes are cooked with a little of dis and dat and sprinkled with love. These potatoes soak up all the yummy goodness and spices . These is most defiantly sprinkled with love!!
I got the inspiration for this potato salad from our crawfish boils. When we boil crawfish we always throw in potatoes and corn along with many other veggies. These veggies and potatoes soak in all the yummy spices . My family loves the potatoes, so we usually boil an extra 5LB bag so we can eat on them for a while. Having more potatoes than I knew what to do with I made a potato salad and it was the best thing ever. Imagine those intoxicating spices mixed with the cool creamy goodness of a potato salad. I have been on a mission to recreate this and I think I finally did it. Check out another recipe that was inspired by our Louisiana crawfish boils , my Creamy Crawfish Baked Potato.
Honestly , this crab and crawfish boil is my favorite but if you have a brand you like feel free to use it. If you want to try this and the Zatarains product is not available to you, it is readily available on Amazon. If you only want to buy just one I suggest the liquid concentrate.
Start by washing and cubing the potatoes. Place them in a pot and fill with water about an inch over the potatoes. Add a Tablespoon of Liquid concentrate. Make sure to turn on your vent hood , the fumes can get strong.
Add a tablespoon of crawfish boil seasoning.
Bring to a boil for 10-12 minutes or until they are tender .
Once potatoes are drained and cooled place in a mixing bowl with diced boiled eggs.
Mix mayo, apple cider vinegar, relish, and salt. Pour over potatoes and eggs.
Mix well , cover and chill.
Right before serving add a few chopped green onions on top.
Cajun Potato Salad
- 3 Pounds Red potatoes
- 1 Tablespoons Liquid Crab Boil
- 1 Tablespoon Crawfish Boil seasoning mix
- 6 Hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 2-3 green onions
- Wash and chop potatoes in big chunks
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with water about an inch over them
- Add crab boil concentrate and crawfish boil seasoning mix
- Bring to a boil for about 10-12 minutes or until tender
- Drain potatoes well
- Place cooked potatoes and chopped boiled eggs in a large mixing bowl
- In a medium bowl mix mayo, apple cider vinegar , dill relish and salt
- Pour mayo mixture over potatoes
- Mix well
- Cover and chill
- Right before serving top with chopped green onions
- Optional adds
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2-3 diced celery stalks