This super simple sugar free coleslaw is cool and creamy. The dressing is slightly sweet and tangy , it is the perfect compliment to the cabbage. This is so simple and this takes very few ingredients and you will have most of them on hand. This makes a simple guilt free coleslaw you can enjoy all summer . If you are looking for another creamy salad to bring to all of your summer cookouts check out this Strawberry Lemon Coleslaw.
My family loves a good coleslaw when we grill and I was trying to find away to make our favorite side with fewer calories. Using light mayo really cuts a ton of calories and replacing the sugar lightens it up even more. I recommend using a good quality light mayo since it is the base for the dressing . If you make these slight changes to your traditional coleslaw you will never be able to tell the difference. This is great for a family but if you are serving a crowd I recommend doubling the recipe.
** This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small profit from products at no cost to you . Just to note I only recommend products I use and love Click HERE for full disclaimer
What you will need to make Simple Sugar Free Coleslaw
- Mixing bowls
- Light Mayo -Click Here for the one I used
- Sugar substitute -Click HERE for the one I used
Frequently asked questions
- My coleslaw is dry should I add more dressing? No, once this coleslaw is put in the fridge there is just enough salt to release it’s natural water.
- How long is the coleslaw good for? Coleslaw is good up to three days but the longer it sits the more water is produced . If it gets too watery it can be drained .
- Do I have to keep this chilled? Yes , this has mayo in it so it does have to stay cold.
- I like a different sugar substitute , can I use it? As long as it is similar to Splenda and it’s measurements are similar to it , Swerve is a great alternative.
In a small mixing bowl combine the mayo , apple cider vinegar , milk , Splenda, salt and pepper.
Whisk together until everything is blended .
Place the coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over it .
Mix together well . Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving .
Store in a cover container in the fridge up to 3 days .
If you love this recipe , you may like these:
Simple Sugar Free Coleslaw
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayo
- 3 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda Or Sugar substitute of your choice
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 14-16 oz Bag of Coleslaw Mix
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mayo , apple cider vinegar , milk , Splenda, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together until everything is blended .
- Place the coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over it .
- Mix together well . Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving .
- Store in a cover container in the fridge up to 3 days .