Watermelon Caprese Salad combines sweet watermelon with tangy balsamic . The mozzarella and salt adds a nice contrast while the basil adds freshness . This salad is what summer dreams are made of ! Combining all of these flavors is just pure happiness. Obviously if you are not team salt on watermelon just skip the salt . This is a very touchy subject for some people but I just adore salt on my watermelon. The salt really enhances the sweetness of the melon. Even though fresh basil is easily bought at the supermarket , I grow it in the summer just for caprese salads. Check out my classic Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze if you love fresh basil.
Frequently asked Questions :
- Can I make this ahead of time ? You can add everything but the balsamic glaze and salt , I recommend adding it right before serving .
- I can’t find the mozzarella pearls , what else can I use ? Fresh Mozzarella cut into small chunks but only use fresh mozzarella
- Where can I find Fresh mozzarella ? This cheese is usually found in the deli of the supermarkets with other specialty Italian cheeses
- Do I have to use a seedless watermelon? You don’t have to but it will make the salad more pleasant to eat if you don’t have to pick out the seeds.
Things you will need to make Watermelon Caprese Salad:
- One small seedless watermelon cut into cubes. Click here to see how I cube mine.
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Cutting Board
- Large Watermelon Knife
- Chef’s knife for the basil-Click Here for my favorite knife. I use this knife everyday.
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
Start by cubing you watermelon in bite size pieces and place desired amount in a salad bowl .
Add the fresh mozzarella pearls to the watermelon.
Now add your desired amount of balsamic glaze .
Add the fresh basil for that pop of flavor.
Add a good quality sea salt , I like the flakey kind .
This salad is best served immediately.
If you like this recipe check out these:
Watermelon Caprese Salad
Watermelon Caprese Salad combines sweet watermelon with tangy balsamic . The mozzarella and salt adds a nice contrast, the basil is freshness,
- 1 small Seedless Watermelon -Cubed
- 6-8 pieces Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Place desired amount of Cubed watermelon in a bowl
- Toss in desired amount of fresh mozzarella pearls
- Drizzle on the balsamic Glaze
- Sprinkle on the cut basil
- Add a pinch of salt
- Best served immediately
I have made this for a crowd by mixing everything in a large salad bowl. Just don't add the salt and balsamic glaze until right before serving . Measure with love .
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
With the weather heating up, watermelon recipes are a real treat. This looks great for a bbq party. Perfect for eating on the patio.
Yes , this is a very refreshing salad in the summer .
Such an easy and healthy salad. When the weather heats up my garden basil will be perfect for watermelon caprese salads all summer long.
Thanks for sharing this amazing watermelon caprese salad. Thanks for sharing to add balsamic glaze just before serving. Loved the freshness of basil in this delicious salad.
You are welcome !!
This salad was just great! I made it for a picnic and we all loved it and many asked for the recipe. Thanks!
I am so glad you enjoyed it !
This made the most perfect summer lunch! I can eat this any day- SO delicious!
Loved seeing a watermelon salad outside of the traditional feta berry one. This was so yummy! The balsamic balances out the watermelon so well!
This watermelon salad was so fresh and full of flavor, I may never go back to using tomatoes!
HAHA.. Me neither!!
I love watermelon salad, especially in the summer, which is coming up very soon! This looks like a lovely refreshing dish to make for a nice hot day. Thank you for sharing!
This recipe seems incredibly refreshing and like a great salad to cool down with during these hot months.
so darn good.. feel free to substitute feta cheese if no fresh mozzarella around. omit the salt.
Great Substitutions , thanks !