Watermelon Caprese Salad combines sweet watermelon with tangy balsamic . The mozzarella and salt adds a nice contrast while the basil adds freshness . This salad is what summer dreams are made of ! Combining all of these flavors is just pure happiness. Obviously if you are not team salt on watermelon just skip the salt . This is a very touchy subject for some people but I just adore salt on my watermelon. The salt really enhances the sweetness of the melon. Even though fresh basil is easily bought at the supermarket , I grow it in the summer just for caprese salads. Check out my classic Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze if you love fresh basil.
Frequently asked Questions :
- Can I make this ahead of time ? You can add everything but the balsamic glaze and salt , I recommend adding it right before serving .
- I can’t find the mozzarella pearls , what else can I use ? Fresh Mozzarella cut into small chunks but only use fresh mozzarella
- Where can I find Fresh mozzarella ? This cheese is usually found in the deli of the supermarkets with other specialty Italian cheeses
- Do I have to use a seedless watermelon? You don’t have to but it will make the salad more pleasant to eat if you don’t have to pick out the seeds.
Things you will need to make Watermelon Caprese Salad:
- One small seedless watermelon cut into cubes. Click here to see how I cube mine.
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Cutting Board
- Large Watermelon Knife
- Chef’s knife for the basil-Click Here for my favorite knife. I use this knife everyday.
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
Start by cubing you watermelon in bite size pieces and place desired amount in a salad bowl .
Add the fresh mozzarella pearls to the watermelon.
Now add your desired amount of balsamic glaze .
Add the fresh basil for that pop of flavor.
Add a good quality sea salt , I like the flakey kind .
This salad is best served immediately.
If you like this recipe check out these:
Watermelon Caprese Salad
- 1 small Seedless Watermelon -Cubed
- 6-8 pieces Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Place desired amount of Cubed watermelon in a bowl
- Toss in desired amount of fresh mozzarella pearls
- Drizzle on the balsamic Glaze
- Sprinkle on the cut basil
- Add a pinch of salt
- Best served immediately