I am “That Girl” the pumpkin spice meme’s are made about. I LOVE , LOVE, LOVE pumpkin spiced anything and today is national pumpkin spice day. When the weather is cooler and the leaves are changing colors I am a pumpkin baking , latte sipping , candle burning fool . With that being said I will purchase and consume all of the store bought items with the spices of the fall gods that I can get my hands on . Store bought items will satisfy my cravings but this cake will make anyone think they died and went to pumpkin patch heaven.
A few years ago my husband was furloughed along with other federal employees and to make ends meet I sold homemade cinnamon rolls. I created several flavors of rolls and my favorite was a pumpkin spiced cinnamon roll and this is where I got the inspiration for delectable this cake. This is so much easier than making homemade rolls but provides all the great flavors you would expect from one. This can obviously be enjoyed for breakfast but yummy enough to eat anytime of day. It is best when warm and ooey but once it is cooled just pop it in the microwave a few seconds and it is perfect, that is only if it isn’t devoured before it cools . The cake has the texture of the inside of a soft roll and it has cinnamon and pumpkin spices swirled all around with pockets of spiced yumminess all over. The cream cheese glaze is the perfect topping for this cake. Grab a big glass of milk and get ready to be in pumpkin spiced heaven.
This tasty and super easy to make. Begin by mixing flour, salt , baking powder , and pumpkin spice in a mixing bowl.
Then add oil, eggs , and canned pumpkin.
Blend slightly together slightly
Slowly add milk stopping to scrape down the sides and mixing well . This could be done in a stand up mixer but I am sometimes a lazy baker and hate dragging out my 650lb mixer, lol.
Once everything is blended pour into a prepared 9×13 baking dish. I use a baking spray with flour in it but do what you prefer. Oiled and floured pan is also acceptable.
In a small mixing bowl prepare the filling. Room temp butter, brown sugar, flour , cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
After mixing it well drop spoonfuls of filling mix all over the cake.
With a butter knife carefully swirl the mixture into the cake being sure not the scrape the bottom of the pan.
Pop into a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. While the cake is baking prepare your glaze. Place cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk into a bowl.
Mix well adding milk to the consistency that makes you happy.
After 35 minutes check the cake , a toothpick should come out clean. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes
Now it is time for the perfect topping to this yumminess. Spoon the cream cheese glaze over the warm cake.
Don’t worry guys you can eat this cake and nobody will take away your man card !!
Pumpkin Spiced Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 cups all Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spices
- 1 cup plain canned pumpkin.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
For the swirled Filling:
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
For the Glaze:
- 4 oz Room temperature cream cheese
- 1 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp milk and more if you want it thinner
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray with flour
- In a mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin spices
- Add oil , pumpkin, eggs and sugar to the flour mixture
- Begin to beat the mixture together and slowly add the milk . Scraping down the sides when needed
- Once the mixture is mixed well pour into the prepared baking dish
- Prepare the filling by mixing together room temp butter, pumpkin, cinnamon , pumpkin spice, brown sugar and flour
- Once the filling is blended well drop spoonfuls of it all over the cake
- Carefully swirl it into the cake mix . Make sure you don't scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes. Since all ovens are different test with a toothpick and it should come out clean when done.
- While the cake is baking make the glaze. Place cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Start with adding 3-4 Tablespoons of milk and mixing the glaze to a thick consistency . Set aside and cover with a towel until ready to be used
- Once the cake is done let it cool for 10 minutes
- Spoon and spread glaze over warm cake .
- Best served warm but if it cools warm in the microwave for a few seconds