I don’t know about the rest of you but there is nothing better than cold fresh cherries on a hot summer day. Where I live we only have fresh cherries available for a short time so I have to take advantage of them while they are in season. I love the taste of sweet cherries mixed with the almond flavor of amaretto . Having an abundance of fresh cherries and loving the flavor combination this Cherry Amaretto Bundt Cake was born. This cake is full of fresh cherries and have hints of the amaretto flavoring. So tender and delicious it is hard to stop eating.
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
Tools Needed for making this Cherry Amaretto Bundt Cake
- A cherry pitter is a must – Click Here for the one I have and use (It pits 6 Cherries at once)
- Baker’s Joy or something similar- If you use butter and flour make sure it is coated well
- Click Here for the Bundt pan I use but any bundt pan will work
- A sifter is needed to sift the dry ingredients
- Click Here for the Cake Flour I use
Frequently as Questions
- Can I use Frozen Cherries ? I can not recommend them , the will make the cake soggy.
- Do I have to use cake flour ? Yes , cake flour gives this cake a nice delicate texture,
- Do I have to use amaretto ? If you don’t want to use alcohol replace it with milk and add a little extra almond extracts
- Do I have to sift the dry ingredients? Yes , it puts air into the mixture and helps give a nice and fluffy texture
- Can I use Margarine ? NO -never bake with margarine
- Do I have to use the pan you used ? No any bundt pan will do
- Do I have to use an electric mixer? You don’t have to but the mixing will get hard
Let’s talk about bundt pans for a minute ,they not all are created equally. My favorite baking pans come from Nordic and this shape is called Heritage (check it out HERE). While it is beautiful the thing I love the most is how evenly it bakes. When choosing a bundt pan make sure it is nice and heavy and it will be a pan you will treasure forever.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your pan with Baker’s Joy or something similar. Sift together the cake flour , salt , and powder. With a mixer or hand held mixer cream together the butter and sugar until incorporated. Add one egg at a time and then the almond extracts.
. A little bit at a time and alternating add the flour mixture and milk / amaretto until everything is mixed well. Stop and scrap down the sides when needed.
Coat the cherries with the 2 tablespoons of flour and fold them into the batter . Then spread it in to the prepared Bundt Pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes .
Allow the cake to cool for 15-20 minutes before flipping it out to a plate. Allow the cake to completely cool before mixing the glaze. Mix the powdered sugar , almond extract and milk to desired consistency. Drizzle over cool cake. This Cherry Amaretto Cake is delicious and beautiful.
Other Recipes you may enjoy:
Cherry Amaretto Bundt Cake
- 2 cups fresh cherries pitted and cut in half only fresh cherries
- 1 cup butter-2 sticks room temp
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups Swan cake flour no substitutions
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup amaretto If you omit this replace it with milk
- 2 Tablespoons flour To coat cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Spray the bundt pan with bakers joy
- Sift together the cake flour , salt , and baking powder.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy . Add one egg at a time and then the almond extracts
- Now alternate the flour mixture and milk/amaretto until all is mixed well , stopping to scrap the sides and bottom when needed
- Coat the cherries with the 2 tablespoons of flour mixture and set aside
- Carefully fold in the coated cherries not over mixing. If over mixed the cake will look pink.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes
- Allow the cake to cool for 15-20 minutes before flipping it out to a plate
- Once the cake is completely cooled mix the glaze until desired consistency
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake
- Coat your bundt pan well to prevent sticking
- Use Only Fresh cherries
- Use only cake flour and do not pack your flour when measuring
- Do not skip sifting dry ingredients
- Use Butter not margarine
- If you omit the amaretto replace it with milk and add a little extra almond extracts