These bakery styled Apple Crumb Muffins are light and fluffy with hints of cinnamon. They are packed with bits of apples and topped with a buttery crumb topping . These are the perfect grab and go breakfast but are delicious enough to have as a light dessert. Being a busy mom I adore muffins ! There are so many varieties and they can be made ahead of time then everyone grabs one as they race out the door. These muffins I adapted to mimic my favorite pie, an Apple Crumb pie. Yeah I know, not the healthiest breakfast but a nice treat every now and then and they smell amazing while baking . My family also loves my Banana Oat Muffins and a little healthier Protein Peanut Butter Mini Muffins.
Things you will need to make muffins:
- All of the muffin ingredients
- 1 muffin pan
- Paper muffin liners or cooking spray
- Optional but I love using my Danish Dough Whisk to mix these. It really makes mixing a cinch
- Fruit Peeler or pairing knife..My favorite peeler !
- Medium/ Large Mixing bowl
- Muffin scoop( I use Wilton batter scoops so my muffins will be the same size)
Let’s Make Apple Crumb Muffins !
Start off by gather all of the ingredients. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin . In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar,salt , baking powder and cinnamon.
Add milk, oil , egg, vanilla and mix well.
Fold in peeled and diced apples
Using a batter scoop or ice cream scoop fill the twelve muffin wells evenly.
Measure the ingredients for the crumb topping and melt the butter.
Mix the dry ingredients together and pour the melted butter in and mix well.
Top the batter with the crumb topping and bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Allow to cool for abut 5 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Apple Crumb Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- 1 cup pealed and diced apple of your choice I used Gala
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12 muffin tins or spray it with cooking spray
- IN a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour,sugar, salt , baking powder and cinnamon
- Add milk, oil , egg, and vanilla . Mix well
- Fold in peeled and diced apples
- Fill the 12 muffin wells evenly
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and flour
- Slowly add the melted butter and mix well-It will be crumbly
- Evenly add the crumb topping on top of the batter
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes
- Allow to cool for abut 5 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
**This page does contain affiliate links for products I use