These Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars combine a cookie and pie so you have the best of both worlds. These are full of apples and cinnamon , they are the perfect fall dessert. These are super simple to make and are perfect for any fall event. The warm flavors of cinnamon go perfectly with the apples, one taste and you know fall has arrived. I don’t know about you but at my house we adore anything made with apples. If you love apples you need to check out my Apple fritters or my Cinnamon apple crisp .
What you will need to make Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars:
- Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- apple pie filling
- powdered sugar
- 8×8 baking pan
- cooking spray
- mixing bowl
This is super simple , start by mixing the cookie mix as directed . I find it a bit easier if you beat the egg first and the butter is nice and soft.
Press 2/3 of the cookie dough into an 8×8 baking pan. Then spread the apple pie filling on top of the dough.
Drop the remaining cookie dough on top of the apple pie filling . Now sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of the entire dish. Bake in a preheated oven then allow to cool completely.
Once it is cooled mix the glaze to desired consistency. Drizzle over the cooled dish.
Cut into squares , I got 9 nice sized squares.
If you love this recipe check out these :
Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars
- 17.5 oz Krusteaz Snickerdoodle cookie mix See notes
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 21 Oz Canned Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk mix to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine the cookie mix (reserve the cinnamon mixture), egg, and butter, Mix until a dough forms.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the prepared baking dish , reserving the other 1/3
- Spread the apple pie filling on top of the pressed cookie dough
- Drop the remaining 1/3 of prepared dough on top of the apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon and sugar mixture on top . Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then mix the glaze in a small bowl . Add a little milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over the entire dessert
- Cut into desired sized squares . I cut mine into 9 .