These Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars combine a cookie and pie so you have the best of both worlds. These are full of apples and cinnamon , they are the perfect fall dessert. These are super simple to make and are perfect for any fall event. The warm flavors of cinnamon go perfectly with the apples, one taste and you know fall has arrived. I don’t know about you but at my house we adore anything made with apples. If you love apples you need to check out my Apple fritters or my Cinnamon apple crisp .
What you will need to make Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars:
- Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- apple pie filling
- powdered sugar
- 8×8 baking pan
- cooking spray
- mixing bowl
This is super simple , start by mixing the cookie mix as directed . I find it a bit easier if you beat the egg first and the butter is nice and soft.
Press 2/3 of the cookie dough into an 8×8 baking pan. Then spread the apple pie filling on top of the dough.
Drop the remaining cookie dough on top of the apple pie filling . Now sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of the entire dish. Bake in a preheated oven then allow to cool completely.
Once it is cooled mix the glaze to desired consistency. Drizzle over the cooled dish.
Cut into squares , I got 9 nice sized squares.
If you love this recipe check out these :
Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars
- 17.5 oz Krusteaz Snickerdoodle cookie mix See notes
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 21 Oz Canned Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk mix to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine the cookie mix (reserve the cinnamon mixture), egg, and butter, Mix until a dough forms.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the prepared baking dish , reserving the other 1/3
- Spread the apple pie filling on top of the pressed cookie dough
- Drop the remaining 1/3 of prepared dough on top of the apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon and sugar mixture on top . Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then mix the glaze in a small bowl . Add a little milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over the entire dessert
- Cut into desired sized squares . I cut mine into 9 .
Apple pie in bar forms is a wise idea for my picky kids. They loved and enjoyed it! Highly recommended!
Thank you for your kind words and I am so glad your family enjoyed them.
What a delicious recipe! We loved it so much that my family has been asking me to make it again.
YAY !! I am glad it was a hit for your family.
Ohhhh ya baby, you had me at snickerdoodle! So good. I used non-dairy ingredients but came out perfect.
I am so glad it worked out for you !
These bars look super tasty and like a perfect treat for fall. Thanks.
These apple pie bars were so easy and tasty! Just perfect to use up all those apples from apple picking (I used homemade filling). Thank you!
Wow I bet it is great with homemade filling
I needed a quick but delicious dessert for an impromptu party this weekend. The glaze was the perfect finishing touch.
It is quick and easy . I am so glad it worked out for you.
What a lovely fall dish. This was a great way to encapsulate the taste of apples! I love the drizzled up top especially.
I am so glad you enjoyed it
I can’t believe how easy to make this recipe is and how delicious. Thanks for the inspiration. I’ll be baking it again and again.
I am so glad you liked it !
I made this last night, and my kids love it.
Now, they are asking me to make this again!
Can’t see half of the presentation due to all the bs adds covering the screen
Hi Rich .. If you hit the jump to recipe tab at the top of the page it brings you directly to the recipe card. There are more detailed photos and directions there and no ads .
Absolutely delicious !!! This recipe is a keeper!
Thank you so much Linda ! This is one of my favorites as well.
These were absolutely delicious. I wasn’t able to find the Krusteaze brand but found a Betty Crocker snickerdoodle mix & it turned out perfectly. Thank you for the yummy bars recipe!
I am so glad you like them and that sounds like a great substitute. Thank you so much for your feed back.
This is an excellent and easy recipe. Very tasty one one that will be repeated.
Yay!! I am so glad you liked and thank you for your feedback.