This rustic Peach Galette is packed full of summer goodness . Easier than a pie but just as delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Galettes are just free form tarts that are so much easier than a pie . As long as the edges are folded in and pinched to hold in all of the yumminess you are good. You can go through the trouble of making your own dough but I find the already made pie crust works beautifully for this recipe . If you would rather make a peach pie feel free to check out my Fresh Peach pie.
What you will need to make this Peach Galette :
- Fresh peaches – This is rustic so there is no need to peal the peaches
- Sugar -Adds a touch of sweetness
- Cinnamon- Adds a touch of warm spice
- Corn Starch -this helps thicken up the natural peach juice
- Vanilla – Adds a touch of yumminess
- Lemon Juice- A little tartness for a balance of flavor
- Pie crust- No need to make your own , store bought is fine
** THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
- Baking sheet
- parchment paper-for easy clean up
- mixing bowl
- kitchen knife-Click HERE for my favorite knife , I use it daily.
- Pastry Brush
Preheat oven to 375 degrees . Slice peaches and place in a bowl. Add sugar , cinnamon , corn starch , lemon juice and vanilla . Mix until all the peaches are coated.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pie dough on it. Arrange the peaches on the dough leaving about 1 1/2 inches around the edges
Tuck and fold the dough pinching the folds to keep them together. Whisk the egg and water together and brush it on the dough . Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
If you like this recipe check out some other Summer desserts:
- 1 premade pie crust
- 5-6 medium peaches
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water added to the egg for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon Sugar of choice -I used Turbinado Sugar Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees . Slice peaches and place in a bowl
- Add sugar , cinnamon , corn starch , lemon juice and vanilla . Mix until all the peaches are coated
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pie dough on it. Arrange the peaches on the dough leaving about 1 1/2 inches around the edges.
- Tuck and fold the dough pinching the folds to keep them together.
- Whisk the egg and water together and brush it on the dough . Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Fresh peach season is almost here. This is the perfect recipe for using them. Brings back memories of my aunt’s orchard when I was a kid.
This galette turned out so amazing, the recipe is also very easy. Loved it.
So glad you liked it !
Such a delicious way to enjoy an overabundance of seasonal peaches. Great recipe!
Such a lovely peach galette recipe. This dish with a favorite chilled white wine will sing. Cheers!
This was so easy to make! I normally don’t make pies and even I could do this. And I loved the peach flavor! Will make again.
I am so glad you enjoyed this simple recipe !
This was the perfect recipe to use up all my Georgia Peaches. The Galette was easy to make and everyone loved it
Yum , Fresh Georgia peaches. I am so glad you enjoyed this.
I just picked up fresh peaches and this was the perfect recipe to make with them. I loved how easy it was to make.
Galettes are my favorite dessert to make in the summer! I make so many of them but I had yet to make a peach one, if you can believe it. I had a basket of ripe peaches on hand so I made this pretty peach galette over the weekend, it got devoured in one sitting! I’ll definitely be making it again!
I am so glad you enjoyed this simple recipe !! It is a great way to use those ripe peaches .
You can never go wrong with a peach galette! Especially with fresh peaches! A perfect summer treat!
I totally agree!!
This has all the flavors of a peach pie but it’s so much easier to make! I used the tuck and fold method described and it came out amazing and tasted fantastic. It’s such a good summer dessert!
I am so glad you enjoyed it !
I love peach desserts and this one seems perfect for the upcoming fall season. Thanks for sharing
Super loved how it turned out! Tasted really amazing and super easy to make! Perfect for occasions! Loved it!
I am so glad this worked for you.