These Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies are the perfect chewy cookie for any occasion. Sprinkles are optional and can be added to make these festive for any holiday. This recipe is perfect for the Christmas season , especially if you are going to a party or for a cookie exchange. I originally developed this recipe during Valentine’s a few years ago and I was making sweet boxes for my both of my son’s girlfriends . That year I chocolate dipped anything that would hold still from strawberries to these cookies. I kind of have a little obsession with dipping things in chocolate ,check out these Chocolate peppermint cookies I dipped in white chocolate, they are so good.
I just adore all cookies, I don’t think I have ever met one I didn’t like. This cookie is perfectly fine without dipping them in chocolate , but dipping them makes them festive and they just taste better. Cookies are so easy to make but some people struggle with them , here are a few tips. I forget some haven’t made 650 million cookies like me.
Making cookies like a pro:
- Make sure to plan and let the butter and eggs get to room temperature
- Always use parchment paper , it really makes a difference and cookies cook evenly
- Use a cookie scoop so all the cookies are the same size , this gives a more professional look
- For this cookie- once they are cooled freezing them will help the chocolate set up quicker when they are dipped
Recommended equipment for this recipe:
- Large Nordic baking sheet– This is the one I use to make all my cookies
- Cookie scoop-everyone needs a cookie scoop
- Hand mixer or stand up mixer-these are the two I use all the time
- parchment paper– a must for all cookies
- Cooling rack
- Small bowl-these are the size bowls I find perfect for dipping cookies
Let’s make cookies !!
Gather all of your ingredients and allow the butter and eggs to get to room temperature. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl or stand up mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until nice and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and continue beating until mixed well. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture about a half a cup at a time, this mixture will get really stiff
Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and form balls , place the balls about 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooking rack. Allow cookies to cool completely.
Once cookies are cooled set up your dipping station , you must work quickly. Melt a little chocolate at a time per packages directions .
Dip half the cookie in the melted chocolate .
Apply sprinkles of choice as you go.
Allow cookies to set up.
Sprinkles can be changed for the seasons . Here you can see I have decorated them for Valentine’s day and Thanksgiving. If you have never bought Sprinkle pop sprinkles I highly recommend them. I adore not only the taste but they are all adorable seasonal sprinkle. I am not affiliated with them , I just love their product.
* This post contains affiliate links