Super easy but so impressive this Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham is a beautiful centerpiece for any meal. The glaze is sweet and sticky and mingles perfectly with a savory ham. This old fashioned glaze is so easy you will want to use nothing else and it is so easy you will want this for every holiday. This is basically how I grew up eating ham . My mother would smoother hers with a ton of pineapple rings and cherries . It would be beautiful when it came out the oven and my brothers and I would fight over those candied sticky rings. To this day that is still my favorite part of baking a ham. If you are looking for a side dish my Southern Candied sweet potatoes go beautifully with this ham.
Items Needed to make a Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham:
- Ham of choice-I used a 5 lb boneless smoked Ham
- Canned sliced pineapple
- Light Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Preserves-Click HERE for the type I used
- Dijon Mustard
- ground clove
- cocktail toothpicks is what I used but any type can be used
- Roasting pan or an adjustable roasting rack (this is the type i use and it can be used with any baking pan)
- Basting brush
This ham has super easy ingredients and I tried to keep it very simple. This glaze is a little thin when mixed but it does thicken up in the baking process. The tanginess from the mustard also mellows out and the glaze becomes sweet and sticky perfection.
Let’s Make HAM!!
In a saucepan combine brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice(approx 1 cup), dijon mustard , pineapple preserves, and ground clove. Stirring occasionally to make sure everything is combined.
As soon as the glaze comes up to a boil take off the burner and allow it to set for a few minutes.
Place the ham on a roasting rack and pour the glaze over it. Dress the ham with pineapple slices and cherries then secure them with toothpicks. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 1/2 -2 hours basting every 30 minutes.
Allow the ham to rest for 15 minutes and thin slice in thin slices.
Don’t let that glaze go to waste ! Drizzle it over your ham slices when serving.
If you like this recipe check these out:
**This post contains affiliate links , as an amazon associate I do make a small commission with no cost to you.
Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 5 lb Boneless Ham * See Notes
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 20 oz can of Pineapple Rings-Juice reserved
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Pineapple Preserves
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place Ham in a shallow roasting pan with a roasted rack
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice(approx 1 cup), dijon mustard , pineapple preserves, and ground clove. Stirring occasionally to make sure everything is combined.
- Heat the glaze mixture until it comes to a boil and remove from heat
- Pour the glaze over the ham
- Garnish ham with pineapple slices and cherries securing them with toothpicks. *see notes
- Place ham in the oven uncovered
- Every 30 minutes baste the ham with the glaze in the bottom of the pan. Get the pineapples and cherries as well.
- This glaze will thicken as it bakes.
- Bake for 1 1/2-2 hours
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest for about 10-15 before slicing
- Slice ham and drizzle glaze over slices if desired.