Indulge in these deliciously moist and fluffy lemon crunch cookies, topped with a creamy lemon cream cheese frosting that will leave your taste buds tingling. With a delicate cake like texture and a burst of lemon flavor in every bite, these cookies are the perfect treat for any lemon lover. The crowning glory is a crunchy lemon topping that adds a satisfying contrast of textures. This is the ultimate cookie for the lemon lovers in your life . I adore anything lemon so these cookies were fun to experiment with . I played around with the crunch topping . If you can’t find lemon Oreos no problem a Golden Oreo can be a good substitute. If you love lemon recipes check out my lemon cupcakes .
These cookies are super easy to make and don’t require too much special equipment . I do recommend to always use parchment paper to bake and a hand mixer will make your life easier when making the frosting .
What you will need to make Lemon Crunch Cookies :
- Lemon cake mix
- A couple a fresh lemons
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon Oreos or Golden Oreos
- Lemon Jell-o
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
Equipment you will need :
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie scoops -click HERE for my favorite that I highly recommend
- Rubber spatula
- parchment paper
- Baking sheets-Here are my favorites
- Cooling racks
- Hand Mixer
Frequently asked Questions :
- Do I have Store these in the refrigerator ? Yes I recommend what isn’t eaten the first day to chill since they have cream cheese frosting
- I can’t find lemon Oreos what do I do? You can use Golden Oreos and if you want a more intense Lemon Flavor add more Lemon Jell-O
- Can I use canned frosting ? You can use canned frosting but the homemade frosting is so much better
- Do I have to bake these on parchment paper ? I recommend it but if you don’t have it oil your baking sheet so the cookies don’t stick
Let’s make some cookies !!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl add the lemon cake mix , lemon zest and lemon juice .
Add the beaten egg and oil and make until the dough forms.
Scoop out dollops of dough that are close to 3 Tablespoons on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper . Bake in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes. Once they are done put them on a cooling rack
Mix all the ingredients for the lemon cream cheese frosting until smooth and creamy .
Once the cookies are cooled frost them generously
Apply the crunch topping generously on top of the frosting .
These will need to be stored in the refrigerator .
If you love this recipe check out these other Lemon recipes :
Lemon Crunch Cookies
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Tablespoons Butter room temp
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Lemon Crunch topping
- 8 Lemon Oreos See Notes
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Jell-O
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl add the lemon cake mix , lemon zest and lemon juice .
- Add the beaten egg and oil
- Mix until everything is combined
- Scoop out dollops of dough that are close to 3 Tablespoons on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper . Bake in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes. Once they are done put them on a cooling rack
- While the cookies are baking lets prepare the toppings. For the pulse the Oreos until they are like a fine gravel. Add the Jell-o mix and melted butter while it is running .
- Your mixture should be like damp sand . Put in a bowl and set aside
- In a mixing bow add the cream cheese, butter , lemon zest and lemon juice and blend until combined
- Add the powdered sugar and blend until smooth and creamy
- Once the cookies are cool apply a generous amount of frosting to the top
- Then sprinkle a generous amount of the lemon crunch topping on top of the frosting . Store these in a covered contained in the refrigerator.