Indulge in these deliciously moist and fluffy lemon crunch cookies, topped with a creamy lemon cream cheese frosting that will leave your taste buds tingling. With a delicate cake like texture and a burst of lemon flavor in every bite, these cookies are the perfect treat for any lemon lover. The crowning glory is a crunchy lemon topping that adds a satisfying contrast of textures. This is the ultimate cookie for the lemon lovers in your life . I adore anything lemon so these cookies were fun to experiment with . I played around with the crunch topping . If you can’t find lemon Oreos no problem a Golden Oreo can be a good substitute. If you love lemon recipes check out my lemon cupcakes .
These cookies are super easy to make and don’t require too much special equipment . I do recommend to always use parchment paper to bake and a hand mixer will make your life easier when making the frosting .
What you will need to make Lemon Crunch Cookies :
- Lemon cake mix
- A couple a fresh lemons
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon Oreos or Golden Oreos
- Lemon Jell-o
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
Equipment you will need :
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie scoops -click HERE for my favorite that I highly recommend
- Rubber spatula
- parchment paper
- Baking sheets-Here are my favorites
- Cooling racks
- Hand Mixer
Frequently asked Questions :
- Do I have Store these in the refrigerator ? Yes I recommend what isn’t eaten the first day to chill since they have cream cheese frosting
- I can’t find lemon Oreos what do I do? You can use Golden Oreos and if you want a more intense Lemon Flavor add more Lemon Jell-O
- Can I use canned frosting ? You can use canned frosting but the homemade frosting is so much better
- Do I have to bake these on parchment paper ? I recommend it but if you don’t have it oil your baking sheet so the cookies don’t stick
Let’s make some cookies !!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl add the lemon cake mix , lemon zest and lemon juice .
Add the beaten egg and oil and make until the dough forms.
Scoop out dollops of dough that are close to 3 Tablespoons on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper . Bake in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes. Once they are done put them on a cooling rack
Mix all the ingredients for the lemon cream cheese frosting until smooth and creamy .
Once the cookies are cooled frost them generously
Apply the crunch topping generously on top of the frosting .
These will need to be stored in the refrigerator .
If you love this recipe check out these other Lemon recipes :
Lemon Crunch Cookies
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Tablespoons Butter room temp
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Lemon Crunch topping
- 8 Lemon Oreos See Notes
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Jell-O
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl add the lemon cake mix , lemon zest and lemon juice .
- Add the beaten egg and oil
- Mix until everything is combined
- Scoop out dollops of dough that are close to 3 Tablespoons on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper . Bake in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes. Once they are done put them on a cooling rack
- While the cookies are baking lets prepare the toppings. For the pulse the Oreos until they are like a fine gravel. Add the Jell-o mix and melted butter while it is running .
- Your mixture should be like damp sand . Put in a bowl and set aside
- In a mixing bow add the cream cheese, butter , lemon zest and lemon juice and blend until combined
- Add the powdered sugar and blend until smooth and creamy
- Once the cookies are cool apply a generous amount of frosting to the top
- Then sprinkle a generous amount of the lemon crunch topping on top of the frosting . Store these in a covered contained in the refrigerator.
I tried these Lemon Crunch Cookies and they were fantastic! The combination of the crunchy texture and tangy lemon flavor was spot on. Thank you for sharing this delicious and easy recipe Debbie!
I am so glad you liked them !!
These lemon cookies with cream cheese frosting and crunchy topping are the perfect dessert to celebrate spring!
Yes I agree .. bright a fresh for spring
lemon crunch cookies and cake in one bite… delicious! We loved the crunch and lemon tang. Thanks for an epic recipe.
Thanks !! I am so glad you liked them
I love any baked good with lemon. These crispy cookies look so scrumptious that I want to just reach in and grab one. They look amazing, and I bet super delicious! Well done!
These are the perfect lemon cookies for spring! I’ll be making them again for Easter.
Loved how these lemon cookies turned out. They had a great flavor and texture combination.
These cookies were so easy to make and my family loved them. Great recipe!
These lemon cookies look delicious, I love anything lemon and I also love cookies so it’s a win win! Thank you for sharing this, I can’t wait to make them.
Thanks for such a lovely recipe, really good way to use my lemons! Im sure the kids will love them too