My teenage boys adore homemade cinnamon rolls , seriously they devour them. The only time they may complain is if there isn’t enough frosting. I mean what is a cinnamon roll without being slathered in a thick layer of frosting. Hands down our favorite recipe is my Cake Mix Cinnamon Roll recipe and with this we have to top them with cream cheese frosting. It is simple to make and really makes the roll rich and decedent.
Let’s Make Cream Cheese cinnamon roll frosting!
Both the butter and cream cheese needs to be room temperature. Cream the two together until it is nice and fluffy.
Add vanilla to the mixture then add the powdered sugar about a 1/2 a cup at time blending well in between. A little bit of milk can be added to help get the consistency you like.
Now you have the perfect cream cheese frosting for cinnamon rolls . Just smear this on warm gooey rolls and prepare to yourself for pure yumminess.
Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese -Room Temperature
- 4 Tablespoons Butter-Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 3 1/2 -4 cups powdered sugar
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy
- Blend in vanilla
- Add powdered sugar about a 1/2 a cup at a time blending well
- Add the milk until you get consistency you like
- This frosting is a little thick because it will melt on the warm cinnamon rolls