Honestly who doesn’t love homemade cinnamon rolls? Waking up to that warm gooey goodness with a hot cup of coffee is pure heaven . In order to have them for breakfast the cook..AKA Me..would have to get up at in the wee hours of the morning to start the process. Not very fair huh? The answer to all of this is Par-Baking your rolls. All this means is when the rolls are ready to go into the oven they are partially baked and can be either frozen or refrigerated. This is an easy step by step method to how to par-bake cinnamon rolls. I have kept rolls in the freezer for a few months and they baked beautifully. Just think if you had homemade cinnamon rolls slathered with homemade icing on Christmas morning you be Mom of the year.
I have par-baked hundreds of cinnamon rolls and I find that these 9 inch metal pans complete with the lid work the best. They are available at most dollar stores and they stack well in the freezer. If these are not available to you than a metal pan well do also. Once you get your pan situation settled chose your favorite cinnamon roll recipe, ours is my Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
When it comes time to slice the rolls place them in a sprayed pan leaving room for them to double in size..
Once they have double in size place them in a preheated oven and let them bake for about 10-12 minutes . You want them to rise and set but not brown, if there is a little browning it’s ok though.
Allow the rolls to completely cool and cover tightly either with the lid provided or plastic wrap. If you plan on baking them the next day you can place them in the fridge if not place them in the freezer.
A great option is to make your favorite cinnamon roll icing and freeze it in baggies along with the rolls. Once the frosting is defrosted just snip the corner of the bag off and pipe the frosting on the hot rolls. Attach directions on how to bake them so it will be easy on everyone . When ready to bake pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy a hot and delicious cinnamon roll that you didn’t have to wake up before sunrise to make. Honestly , Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Frosting is amazing and makes the perfect topping for homemade rolls.
How to Par-Bake Cinnamon Rolls
- Choose your Favorite Cinnamon Roll recipe
- 9 inch disposable pans work best -this pans stack well in the freezer
- Follow your cinnamon roll recipe up until it is time to bake
- Place rolls in a preheated 350 degree oven
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, you want them to rise and set but not brown
- Remove them from the oven and cool completely
- Cover the pans tightly with either the lid provided or plastic wrap
- Place pans in the freezer
- When ready to bake place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- ** If the rolls are defrosted they will take less time to bake , I would check them after 10 minutes
- If properly sealed your rolls should be good in the freezer for 6-8 weeks