Pumpkin spice lovers will adore this easy five ingredient Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter. It’s like pumpkin pie in a jar without the guilt , then smeared on toast. I was not introduced to this wonderful condiment until I was an adult . No, I didn’t live under a rock before then . Growing up in Southern Louisiana the food was always wonderful but our typical fall food did not include a lot of variety. My mother doesn’t like pumpkin anything so I was convinced I didn’t either . Fast forward to the adult me ..I love all pumpkin desserts . I still love my old faithful fall favorites like Pecan Tassies and Sweet potato pie but I now include Pumpkin anything in my fall food. When I discovered pumpkin butter and it was a condiment ..life changing . I could have a taste of pumpkin pie almost everyday without actually eating pie.
Now ,you can buy pumpkin butter already made BUT you have to wait until the fall . Homemade is always better anyway and this slow cooker version is so easy you can whip some up in no time. In this recipe this is a small amount but this would make great holiday presents and hostess and teacher gifts. I recommend doubling the recipe at the least and canning it. Tie a nice little ribbon around the jar and you have an adorable homemade gift that will be much appreciated.
What are different uses for Pumpkin Butter?
- Smeared on toast or biscuits
- Added to oatmeal or any hot cereal
- Added to baked sweet potatoes
- Add to vanilla yogurt top with granola–my fav!!
- Added to baked goods for a pumpkin spice flavor..Like Pumpkin Pie
- Smeared on waffles or pancakes
Things you will need to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter:
- Slow cooker..for this single recipe I used my small slow cooker like this one..SMALL SLOW COOKER
- 15oz canned of pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling ..Libby’s is my favorite
- Light Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon..Siagon Cinnamon is my Favorite
- Pumpkin Spice
Let’s Get Cooking !
Gather your ingredients. In a crock pot add the pumpkin Puree , cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Mix well.
Stir in the apple juice.
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Give it a stir at an hour and half to prevent the sides form burning.
It is done once it is a deep brown color , let cool and place in jars. Can in a regular fashion or Refrigerate for up to a month
Enjoy you Pumpkin Butter anyway you like !
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- In a slow cooker add the pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Mix well
- Stir in the apple juice
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours
- Give it a stir after an 1 1/2 to prevent the sides from burning
- It is done once it is a deep brown color
- Let cool and place in jars
- Can in a regular fashion or Refrigerate for up to a month
* This post contains affiliate links