Chocolate covered pretzel rods are one of my family’s favorite treats so I came up with these Halloween Pretzel Rods. We love the combination of the salty pretzel rods and the sweet chocolate. I have made these for a lot of occasions, but these Halloween pretzel rods were probably the most fun to make. I found these giant eyes and I knew I wanted to make a One Eyed Purple People Eater. If you don’t what that is google it..It was a Halloween song must when I was growing up. If you are looking for another fun Halloween Treat check out my Candy Corn Funfetti Cupcakes.
I had so much fun making these ,so let your imagination go wild. Combine colors and sprinkles , and let the kids join in . They can make a bit of a mess . My tip is line a cookie sheet with wax paper and wire cooling rack. This contains all the drizzles and sprinkles and makes for a quick clean up.
Throw these on a table at a Halloween party and trust me , they won’t be there long. Kids and adults will love these!!
Another Idea is to get the individual pretzel rod packages, they can be found in any baking section at craft stores or grocery stores. Pack these up for classroom treat for the kiddos, your kids will be famous. Even hand them out for Halloween Trick or Treating , the kids will be talking your house and the cool treats. I mean who wants peanut butter cups if they can have fancy pretzel rods.
Halloween Pretzel Rods
- 1 Bag of Large Pretzel Rods
- Chocolate Candy Coating
- White Chocolate Candy Coating
All options for decorating
- Coloring gels for dying chocolates
- Colored Wilton chocolate melting wafers
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Candied eyes
- Baking M&Ms
- Melt candy coating according to the packages directions , I usually always use a double boiler to melt mine
- Dip pretzels in chocolate and let the excess dip off
- Let dry on wax paper
- Either decorate then or let dry
- Another option. Use different colors to drizzle over them
One eyed purple people eaters
- Melt white chocolate and add purple wilton gel , if it gets too thick you can use coconut oil or vegetable oil to thin
- Dip pretzel rod in purple chocolate
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles for the hair
- One Large eye to the center
- Then a red M&M for the mouth
- Let Dry