In my mind I knew I needed to be working on something other things but I had some overripe bananas staring at me. At my house I buy bananas and two things happen. Either the are gone in a day and I’m wondering if we got a monkey I didn’t know about , or they sit on the counter and over ripened. This week it was the later of the two. This is how these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies were born, nobody ate the bananas. I have several other recipes if you have bananas you need to use Maple Banana Cake or a little easier Apple Butter Banana Bread.
I am a cookie lover!! I love them soft , chewy , crisp …well let’s just say I have never met one I didn’t like. These cookies are soft and chewy and almost have a cake like texture. If you bake them a little longer then they do get a little more crisp. No matter how long these are baked they are just to die for.
First off , start by mashing the bananas real good with a fork. I don’t like lumps so I mash them well. I found 3 medium bananas came out to a cup.
Cream together butter and both sugars until nice and fluffy.
Blend in mashed bananas.
Blend in egg and vanilla extracts.
In separate bowl sift together Flout, salt , baking soda and cornstarch.
Slowly blend the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
Fold in Oats until incorporated the fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop dough out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes .
Let them cool slightly and transfer them to a cooling rack.
Enjoy while warm or let them cool…I love them warm with a big glass of milk.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter-Room temp
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup very ripe mashed banana about 3 med
- 1 egg-room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 12 oz Bag semi-sweet chocolate chips about 2 cups
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas with a fork on a plate
- Blend together butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Blend in mashed bananas
- Blend in egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl sift together flout, salt, baking soda and cornstarch
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until blended
- Fold in oats until incorporated
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake in a preheat 350 degree oven for 11-13