In my mind I knew I needed to be working on something other things but I had some overripe bananas staring at me. At my house I buy bananas and two things happen. Either the are gone in a day and I’m wondering if we got a monkey I didn’t know about , or they sit on the counter and over ripened. This week it was the later of the two. This is how these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies were born, nobody ate the bananas. I have several other recipes if you have bananas you need to use Maple Banana Cake or a little easier Apple Butter Banana Bread.
What you will need to male Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies :
- Ripe Bananas
- Basic baking supplies – Butter, vanilla Sugar , flour baking soda and corn starch
- Chocolate chips -Click Here for my favorite
- Cookie sheets – Click here for what I use
- Cookie Scoop
- Parchment paper
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
I am a cookie lover!! I love them soft , chewy , crisp …well let’s just say I have never met one I didn’t like. These cookies are soft and chewy and almost have a cake like texture. If you bake them a little longer then they do get a little more crisp. No matter how long these are baked they are just to die for. Start by mashing those bananas really well.
Cream together butter and both sugars until nice and fluffy. Blend in mashed bananas , egg and vanilla.
Add Flout, salt , baking soda and cornstarch.
Fold in oats and chocolate chips .
Scoop dough out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes .
Let them cool slightly and transfer them to a cooling rack.
Enjoy while warm or let them cool…I love them warm with a big glass of milk.
If you love this recipe check out these :
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter-Room temp
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup very ripe mashed banana about 3 med
- 1 egg-room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 12 oz Bag semi-sweet chocolate chips about 2 cups
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees , line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mash bananas with a fork
- Blend together butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Add Banana , egg and vanilla . Blend well
- Add flour salt, baking soda and cornstarch. Blend until mixed well
- Fold in oats until incorporated
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake in a preheat 350 degree oven for 11-13. Let cool for 4-5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.