If a season had a salad in it’s honor this Mango Black Bean Salad would be the salad for the summer. This is a refreshing and fruity salad to throw together in 15 minutes or less on a hot summer day. This fresh sweet salad is perfect for your next BBQ and is great for a picnic. If you love fruity salads with a twist you must check out my strawberry coleslaw as well.
How to Choose the perfect Mango?
- Give them a squeeze and they should have a slight give like when finding the perfect avocado or peach
- If they are hard this indicates it is not ripe
- The Red color is not an indication of it being ripe
- Sometimes a ripe mango will have a fruity smell at the stem
Let’s Make Mango Black Bean Salad!!
This is a quick salad to throw together and I’m all about quick . The hardest part of is chopping all the veggies and peeling and chopping the mango . If peeling and chopping a mango intimidates you like it has me for years check out Mango.org and get all their tips and tricks.
Start by making the dressing. This is simply whisking together the olive oil, honey, Fresh lime juice, cumin , salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set this aside to pour over the salad.
In a large mixing bowl place peeled and diced mango along with diced red onion, red bell pepper , jalapenos, drained and rinse black beans, defrosted corn an minced cilantro. Lightly toss the salad together.
Pour the dressing over the salad . Toss together and chill for a few hours.
- 2 Mangoes peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Red Onion
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Corn defrosted and drained
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Cilantro -minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons Diced fresh jalapenos
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the dressing and set aside
- Peel and chop mango along with the rest of the fresh ingredients and place them in a bowl
- Pour the dressing in and toss the the salad lightly
- Cover and chill for a few hours