These Southern Baked Beans are sticky and sweet with just enough saltiness to balance the flavors . This is the last recipe you will ever need. I grew up in southern Louisiana and this is exactly how my mother made beans for every BBQ we had . This recipe is super easy to throw together and even someone that doesn’t cook often can make these with no problem. So this is perfect for someone just learning to cook all the way to someone that knows their way around the kitchen . If you show up with these to A BBQ , you will be the most popular person. Trust me ! If you like this recipe check out my Old Fashioned Pea Salad
Things you need to make Southern Baked Beans
- 2 28oz cans of baked beans
- diced onions
- diced green bell pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- yellow mustard
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 qt baking dish
- knife -Click HERE for my favorite knife I use daily
- cutting board
** THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
Let’s make Southern Baked Beans !
As you can see these are very simple ingredients and you will have most of these things on hand already in your pantry or fridge. I generally always have brown sugar , ketchup , Worcestershire sauce , mustard , salt and pepper. It’s also a good chance I have bacon hanging around along with onions . Pretty much for this recipe all I need to buy is the canned beans and bell pepper. The less ingredients you have to buy and you are able to use what you have on hand , the more budget friendly a recipe it is .
Pour all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl except the bacon.
Stir until mixed together.
Pour into a baking dish and top with cubed bacon .
Cover with foil and baked in a preheat 350 degree oven for one hour . After and hour uncover and cake another 30 minutes.
These beans are best served warm .
If you like this recipe check out these :
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Angry Pig Baked beans
- Boiled corn with honey and Jalapeños
- Pina colada fluff
- Sugar Free Cole Slaw
Southern Baked Beans
- 2 28oz cans Baked Beans See Notes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon worschershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 Pieces Bacon -Cubed optional
- In a large mixing bowl combine everything but the bacon.
- Mix together until everything is combined
- Pour into a 3 quart baking dish and top with cubed bacon
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour . After one uncover and bake for 30 more minutes .
- Serve warm and once cooled can be store in the fridge up to 3 days ,