This Strawberry Lemon Coleslaw has the perfect balance of flavors and is the perfect summer side dish. It is sweet , savor and tangy all at once . I have been making this salad for years and this is what it has evolved into.
What do most of you do when you are sitting in the waiting room of the doctor’s office? Scroll on your cell phone totally engrossed in Pinterest or reading funny meme’s on Facebook, yeah me too . Not all that long ago we didn’t have smartphones and if you didn’t want to stare at the walls reading the magazines on the tables was your option. When I was pregnant with my youngest child I came across a recipe in a magazine for a interesting coleslaw that had strawberries. Since I was a nice girl and didn’t rip the recipe out of the magazine all I had was my memory. I could remember strawberries , raisins and lemon juice, the rest I was on my own. So over the past 14 years and making this many many times I have tweaked this recipe and now this is the perfect Strawberry Lemon Coleslaw.
If you love strawberries like me you will love this salad, it is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. I know this sounds strange but honestly I have never taken this somewhere it hasn’t gobbled up. This is savory , tart and sweet all at the same time. I promise this cool creamy slaw will be your new favorite. This is perfect for spring and summer holidays and a great side for barbecues.
This is super simple to throw together. Toss together the angel hair coleslaw , almonds and raisins.
In a separate bowl mix the yogurt , mayo, lemon juice , salt and pepper
Pour this mixture over the cole slaw and mix well
Cover and chill at least an hour or until ready to serve
Right before ready to serve dice strawberries
Add the strawberries to the coleslaw mixture
Toss well and serve. Adding the strawberries too early will cause it to be pink , so I always wait
- 10 oz Bag Angel Hair Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 6oz Lemon Burst Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Diced strawberries 16oz package
- In a Large mixing bowl mix the angel hair coleslaw mix, raisins, and almonds
- In a medium sized bowl mix both of the lemon yogurt, mayo, lemon juice , salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing mix over the slaw and mix well
- Cover and chill for at least an hour
- Right before serving mix in diced strawberries, Adding them right before serving keeps the berries from getting soggy and from bleeding into the mixture making it pink