I have combined two of my loves in this Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Cookie, pumpkin and dark chocolate. A soft cake like pumpkin spiced cookie mixed with rich dark chocolate is just pure autumn Heaven. If you have read any of my previous post I am a bit of a chocolate snob and I tend to like higher quality chocolate . I usually like to use Ghiradelli Dark chocolate melting wafers . I rarely melt chocolate in the microwave for many reasons, mainly it ends in disaster for me. This dipping chocolate melts beautifully in the microwave. If you love fall cookies you have to try my Pumpkin Eggnog Cookies a try.
Let’s Make Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Cookies!
This is a fairly easy cookie to make, very basic ingredients . Mix in a medium bowl flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder , salt and set aside.In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, pumpkin , sugar and egg until smooth. Then add in the vanilla extracts. Add a little of the four mixture to the wet ingredients , blending as you go. Once it is all blended cover and chill for an hour.
Once dough is chilled Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix the sugar and Cinnamon in a small bowl. Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop out dough, roll in a ball and coat it with the sugar cinnamon mixture. Place ball of dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and Slightly flatten balls with the bottom of a cup dipped in the sugar . Bake for 11-13 minutes. When they come out of the oven let them cool for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack(if you are impatience you can place the rack in the freezer for 10 minutes).
Once all of the cookies are completely cooled you can prepare the chocolate.
I followed the directions on the package for the microwave. I melted about a 1/2 cup at a time , refilling my dipping cup as it would get low.
Dip half the cookie in the melted chocolate.
Place a waxed paper and immediately sprinkle with the fall sprinkles while the chocolate is wet. Leave on the wax paper until the chocolate is dry.
Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Ghiradelli Dark chocolate melting wafers or your favorite chocolate
- Optional Fall sprinkles
- Mix in a medium bowl flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder , salt and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, pumpkin , sugar and egg until smooth.
- Add the vanilla
- Add a little of the four mixture to the wet ingredients , blending as you go
- Once everything is blended cover the dough and chill for at least an hour
- Once dough is chilled
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon
- Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop out dough
- Roll in a ball
- Roll ball in the sugar mixture
- Place ball of dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart
- Slightly flatten balls with the bottom of a cup dipped in the sugar
- Bake for 11-13 minutes
- When they come out of the oven let them cool for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack(if you are impatience you can place the rack in the freezer for 10 minutes)
- Once all of the cookies are completely cooled you can prepare the chocolate.
- In a small prep cup I melted about a 1/2 a cup at a time in the microwave following the packages directions
- I had to refill a few times a used about 1 1/2 cups for these cookies
- Once the chocolate is melted dip half of the cooled cookie in the chocolate and place on waxed paper
- If using sprinkles apply them immediately after dipping