This grape salad is sweet and full of texture, perfect for summer. Chunks of pineapple add pops of flavor and pecans add a nice crunch. One taste of this concoction and believe me you will be hooked and want it all the time. This was something I was wasn’t introduced to until I was an adult and it was love at first bite . To me this grape salad just taste of summer and no summer event is complete without it but it is more like a dessert , or a rich fruit salad. This is the perfect side dish for those summer cook outs or pool party, the ultimate fruit salad
** This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small profit from products at no cost to you . Just to note I only recommend products I use and love Click HERE for full disclaimer
What you will need to make Grape Salad
- Grapes-I used the red grapes but a variety will work as well
- Vanilla yogurt -any brand but I don’t recommend a Greek yogurt
- lemon juice -fresh or bottled
- Pineapple-canned it fine-tidbits or chucks but it needs to be drained
- pecans -if you would rather walnuts this would be a great substitute
- Large mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- A covered bowl or Glad Press and seal
Let’s make Grape Salad!!
This salad has very simple ingredients with very little prep. I have had similar salads with a mixture of green and red grapes. That is totally a personal preference and I like all red grapes but a mixture of them are totally acceptable. First start with washing the grapes really well and letting them dry completely. You can either do this by letting them dry in a colander or laying them out on a flat surface on a towel.
It is a must that the cream cheese is at room temperature and it is even better if the yogurt has the chill knocked off. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer whip together the cream cheese, vanilla yogurt , lemon juice and sugar. Mix well until it is nice and smooth. Using an electric mixer is quicker and makes life so much easier.
Add the grapes to the cream cheese mixture and carefully fold them in. All the grapes should be coated really well and I find that a rubber spatula works wonderful for this .
Once the grapes are coated well add the pineapple and toasted pecans. I used canned pineapple but fresh is totally acceptable. As far as pecans I always like toasting pecans , it really sweetens them up. Carefully mix everything together cover and chill for 2 hours up to overnight.
It is optional but when serving sprinkle a few extra pecans on top.
If you love this recipe check out these:
- 3-4 LBS Red Grapes-Approximately 8-9 cups Cleaned and dry
- 8 oz cream cheese Room Temp
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt Chill knocked off
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple tidbits or chuncks Drained
- 1 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Wash all of the grades and allow them to dry completely
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer whip together the cream cheese, vanilla yogurt , lemon juice and sugar. Mix well until it is nice and smooth.
- Add the grapes and carefully coat them with the cream cheese mixture
- Fold in diced pineapples and pecans
- Cover and chill for a few hours