I am going to be straight with you, I am a chocoholic . Admitting you have a problem is the first step right? Not only am I addicted to chocolate I am sort of a chocolate snob. I buy certain brands that I adore and I tend to cook with them. So If you have a favorite chocolate feel free to use it.
I have been making chocolate sauces for as long as I can remember. I really love infusing different flavors with chocolate, in this case I used coffee liqueur. There is just something about coffee that enhances the chocolate and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. This is a simple chocolate sauce I created to go with some Beignet Fries but it could be used in other ways. Try dipping some strawberries or pretzels in this and it is super yummy. Also this would be great drizzled on ice cream , so much better than the stuff in a jar.
Gather all three of you ingredients
Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Careful not to bring it up to a boil
Pour the warm cream over chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl
Add coffee liqueur and let the mixture set 5 minutes
After 5 minutes start stirring and incorporating the chocolate and cream
Mix until nice and creamy
Your chocolate sauce is ready for dipping .
Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 12 oz bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Liqueur
- Place chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat until hot but do not bring up to a boil
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips
- Pour the coffee liqueur over the cream
- Allow the warm cream to sit on the chocolate chips for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes start stirring the mixture and incorporating the chocolate chips
- Stir well until the the sauce is thick and creamy
- Start dipping away
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge , it will need to be heated if cold