Do you ever taste something and it brings you back to your childhood? This Chili Cheese Dip brings me back to my early teenage years . I know I proclaim that Tuna Casserole was the first official dish I learned to cook but this dip came way before that casserole. My parents used to have a lot of parties and I was in charge of this easy slow cooker dip . Back then we called it Barnyard Dip, it made it seem more rustic and special LOL. So remember if you want a cheese dip so simple even a kid can make it , this recipe is for you.
This Chili Cheese Dip has two..you heard that ..two ingredients. Don’t get too excited though, cooking a cheese dip in a crock pot isn’t as easy as it sounds. The crock pot gets really hot around the edges and will tend to burn. As long as you know that you will be okay.
Things you will need
- A slow cooker
- 2 LB package of Velveeta
- 1 24 oz can of chili with no beans
- Large Spoon to stir
- Rubber spatula to scrape down the sides
Start by cubing the entire package of Velveeta and placing it into the crock Pot. Stir in the can chili and place the lid back on top. Cook on high for one hour.
After an hour the cheese and chili will be mostly melted together . Stir with a rubber spatula making sure you scrape down the sides . After that scrape down the sides and stir every 15-20 minutes. Scraping down the sides with the rubber spatula is the most important part in making this. Nobody likes burned cheese dip.
Serve with big Frito Scoops and watch it disappear.
Other Dips you May Enjoy
Chili Cheese Barnyard Dip
- 1 2 LB Velveeta Cheese
- 1 24 oz can Chili no beans
- 1 Bag Frito Scoops
- Cube the cheese and place in a crock pot
- Pour the chili over the cheese and stir it around
- Cook on high for one hour
- At this point it should be mostly melted , stir everything and scrape down the sides
- Stir every 15-20 minutes making you scrape down the sides so they don't burn
- Once everything is melted turn it to keep warm.
- Serve with Frito scoops