I don’t know about everyone else but we always have a ton of parties to attend during the holidays. My Mother also told me to never show up to a party empty handed. While hostess gifts are in the norm for most people, in my circle of friends and family something to nibble on is just as important and greater appreciated. Everyone loves food and holiday parties are a perfect place to share.
I can not take credit for this recipe, it is the creation of my good friend Leah . This Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball with Caramelized Pecans has been pinched and shared thousands of time on Just a Pinch, so it is a tried and true recipe at my house along with others. I have made this several times and I always forget how good it is . This just says everything about the holidays, the tart cranberries mixed with the sweet orange . The caramelized pecans really send this over the top and makes this special. Seriously, I could just eat the caramelized pecans by itself.
The only piece of equipment needed for this a food processor or blender. Start off by placing the dried cranberries in the food processor and chop them.
Then add the cream cheese, Orange juice concentrate, powdered sugar and blend well.
Once it is blended form your ball . I like to put mine into a wax paper lined bowl and then fold the edges over to chill. This needs to chill for several hours or overnight
To prepare the pecans melt the butter over a medium heat
Add pecans and coat them with the butter
add the sugar , coat the pecans well and continue to stir for 3-4 minutes being careful not to burn them
Cool the pecans on wax paper
Press the pecans into the ball when ready to serve
Serve with buttery crackers
Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball with Caramelized Pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 16 oz room temp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Place dried cranberries in a food processor and chop them
- Add Cream Cheese, orange juice concentrate, powder sugar and blend well
- Form a ball on wax paper . Cover and chill for several hours, or even overnight
- Before Serving prepare pecans by melting on medium heat and add pecans and coat well
- Add the sugar and coat the pecans and keep stirring careful not to burn them
- Layout the pecans on wax paper to cool
- Once cooled place the cheese mixture onto a plate and press pecans onto the ball
- Serve with buttery crackes