This Meaty Queso Blanco Dip is super easy to make in the slow cooker. This queso is so hearty and flavorful you will not be able to stop dipping In my past experiences of making cheese dip at home it was basically dumping the yellow Velveeta cheese and a can of rotel in a pot. While this is perfectly acceptable it is not even close to the dip that is served in Mexican restaurants. The Queso Blanco Velveeta has made life easy for all of us that crave the cheesy yumminess. Most places offer to put meat in the queso so living in a house full of meat lovers it is only natural to add it.
This dip now is a family favorite at my house and I hope it will be yours too, It’s a game changer for queso dip. It is thick and creamy, full of meat and has the perfect balance of spices. The diced jalapenos adds a bit of spice without being too spicy.The cumin added to the meat while it is cooking adds the special touch of seasoning .
Let’s Make Meaty Queso Blanco Dip
This is a simple recipe, basically the crock pot does all the work for you. After browning and seasoning the ground meat throw everything in the slow cooker and let it do the work for you. Cube up the queso blanco Velveeta, cream cheese , jalapenos and pour the milk over it .
Top this mixture with the seasoned ground meat.
Turn the pot to high and let it do the magic. After and hour give it a stir . Watch your mixture but it should take about 2 hours for the dip to be completely melted.
Meaty Queso Blanco Dip
- 1 LB ground meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 LB box Queso Blanco Velveeta Cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoon diced pickeled Jalapenos some brands have the jars already diced
- A bag of tortilla chips
- Brown the ground meat and drain the grease off
- Add the salt, pepper, and cumin the the meat and set aside
- In a crock pot cube up the queso blanco velveeta
- Add cubed cream cheese
- Add the milk
- Add the Diced Jalapenos
- Place the ground meat of the cheese
- Turn the crockpot on high
- Stir after and hour
- It usually takes about 2 hours for everything to be melted together
- Serve with tortilla chips