These Strawberry Crunch cookies are soft and cake-like with a perfect creamy cream cheese frosting that complements strawberry flavor. The crunch topping adds the perfect contrast in texture. This is the ultimate cookie for the strawberry lovers in your life. This cookie is just as good as any bakery style cookies you will pay $3-5 each for. They are also so simple to make , cake mix cookies are perfect for the less experienced bakers . If you love these you need to check out my Lemon Crunch Cookies.
These cookies are super easy to make and don’t require too much special equipment . I do recommend to always use parchment paper to bake and a hand mixer will make your life easier when making the frosting .
What you will need to make Lemon Crunch Cookies :
- Strawberry cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Golden Oreos
- Strawberry Jell-o
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
Equipment you will need :
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie scoops -click HERE for my favorite that I highly recommend
- Rubber spatula
- parchment paper
- Baking sheets-Here are my favorites
- Cooling racks
- Hand Mixer
Frequently asked Questions :
- Do I have Store these in the refrigerator ? Yes I recommend what isn’t eaten the first day to chill since they have cream cheese frosting
- Can I use canned frosting ? You can use canned frosting but the homemade frosting is so much better
- Do I have to bake these on parchment paper ? I recommend it but if you don’t have it oil your baking sheet so the cookies don’t stick
Let’s make some cookies !!
Make the strawberry crunch topping by pulsing the golden Oreos in a food processor . Add the strawberry jello and pulse a few times . Add the melted butter and pules a few time. Pour into a bowl and set aside
IN a large mixing combine the cake mix , oil and beaten eggs. Mix until combined and dough forms
Scoop out dollops of dough that are close to 3 Tablespoons on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper . Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 11-13 minutes. Once they are done put them on a cooling rack
Make the frosting by combining all of the ingredients and mixing until smooth. Once the cookies are cooled generously frost each cookie.
Then apple the crunch topping over the icing , as much as you can pile on.
If you like this recipe check out my other bakery style cookies:
- Lemon Crunch cookies
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Copycat Crumbl carrot cake cookies
Strawberry Crunch Cookies
- 1 box Strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Cream cheese frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 4 Tablespoons butter room temp
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup powder sugar
Strawberry crunch topping
- 8 golden Oreos
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jell-O
- 1 Tablespoon Butter melted
- Make the strawberry crunch topping by pulsing the golden Oreos in a food processor . Add the strawberry jello and pulse a few times . Add the melted butter and pules a few time. Pour into a bowl and set aside .
- IN a large mixing combine the cake mix , oil and beaten eggs.
- Mix until combined
- Scoop out dollops of dough that are close to 3 Tablespoons on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper . Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 11-13 minutes. Once they are done put them on a cooling rack
- For the frosting blend together the butter and cream cheese. Once smooth add the powdered sugar a little at time scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the milk to slightly thin it out .
- Once the cookies are completely add a generous amount of frosting to each cookie
- Dip the frosting into the strawberry crunch topping making sure all the frosting is covered
- Enjoy !