Nothing says summer to me more than a cool crisp strawberry dessert. This Strawberry Ice Box Cake is something I have been making for years, way before I saw poke cakes on pinterest made with pudding. I am so old that pinterest didn’t exist when I came up with this yummy dessert….gasp lol. This cake is one of those cakes that you can bring to a gathering and it will be the first thing to go. It is so delicious but you don’t have to tell anyone how easy it is.
This is super easy and starts with your favorite boxed strawberry cake mix , It’s what you do with this plain old cake is what will knock your socks off . I usually make it the night before and let it chill with the condensed milk . Poking giant holes in this warm cake and letting the condensed milk seep into it makes this rich sponge like.
Bake cake following the directions on the box let it slightly cool. Using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes all over the cake. Slowly pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake making sure you fill all the holes and it goes down the sides of the cake also. Cover the cake and place it in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight . Once the cake is nice and chilled mix the container of whipped topping and instant pudding mix . Spread whipped topping mixture over the chilled cake and cover and chill. Garnish with sliced strawberries right before serving. The perfect Strawberry Ice Box Cake !!
You might enjoy these too:
Strawberry Delight Ice Box Cake
- Strawberry Cake -Prepared according to the box directions in a 9x13 pan
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz Whipped Topping
- 2 Tablespoon White Chocolate instant pudding or vanilla
- Sliced strawberries
- Mix your favorite strawberry cake according to directions and bake in a 9x13 baking dish
- While the cake is still warm poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon
- Slowly pour condensed milk over the cake filling the holes and making sure it runs down the sides
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, even better over night
- Mix the whipped topping and instant pudding
- Spread over chilled cake
- Either chill for 30 minutes or serve imediately
- Garnish with strawberries right before serving