These Pineapple Jalapeno Meatballs will need to be served at you next event . They are sweet , sticky and have a slight kick of spice everyone will love. I don’t about anyone else but if we have any kind of gathering of any kind meatballs are expected. Somebody better make some and have a crock pot somewhere with them simmering in thick yummy BBQ sauce . I mean have you ever been to a baby shower or wedding shower that didn’t have meatballs ? Maybe it’s a southern thing but it is just an unwritten rule this dish of yumminess have to be present at all events or mass chaos may breakout.
Over the years I have experimented with many different recipes and these Pineapple Jalapeno Meatballs are my favorite. I love the mixture of sweet and spicy , it is one of my favorite combinations. The pineapple flavor is minimal and adds sweetness with the BBQ sauce. Discovering this pineapple jalapeno pepper jelly really made this dish unique and helped add a little kick. I can’t wait to experiment with this pepper jelly with other recipes , the possibilities are endless.
This recipe is super easy , has minimal ingredients and has a punch of flavor. Start off by pouring the frozen meatballs into a crockpot. In a bowl pour both bottles of BBQ sauce and add a little water to each , shake well and pour into the sauce. Add the can of crushed pineapples with juice, pineapple jalapeno pepper jelly and whisk together. Dice the jalapeno pepper and add, deseed it if you don’t want too much of a kick . Pour the sauce over the meatballs . Give it a stir and make sure they are all coated and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with tooth pics or on small dinner rolls.
Helpful tips for this recipe!!
Pineapple Jalapeno Jelly can be hard to find so I have used Pepper Jelly in it’s place . Below are a few amazon links to the products.
Pineapple Jalapeno Meatballs
- 2 LB Bag of Frozen Meatballs
- 2 18 oz bottles Baby Ray BBQ sauce plus a little water added bottles and shaken up
- 6-8 Tablespoons Pineapple Jalapeno Pepper Jelly-Regular pepper Jelly can be substituted
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno Diced with seeds
- Place Frozen meatballs in a slow cooker
- Pour BBQ sauce in a bowl and fill both bottles about 1/2 way up with water and shake really well and add to the BBQ sauce
- Add jelly and crushed pinapple stir well
- Add diced jalapeno -with seeds if you want a kick
- Pour mixture over the meatballs and stir well
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours
- Serve with tooth pics or on small dinner rolls