This quick and Easy Banana Cream Pie is ready in minutes . It is so rich and creamy ! Nobody will know this was made with a frozen crust and instant pudding . My mother did not believe me when I told her this was made in minutes. She knows I am extra and just assumed I made the filling from scratch . This is the perfect pie for the entire summer for all of your cookouts and BBQs . Bring this pie to a potluck and it will be the first dessert to disappear. If you like easy desserts check out my Easy Peach Cobbler .
** THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
What you will need to make this Easy Banana Cream Pie :
- 9 inch pie crust -this can be the frozen kind or homemade
- Banana Cream Pudding
- Whipped Topping
- Mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
Frequently asked questions :
- Do I have to use a frozen pie crust? You can make your own just make sure to use a standard 9 inch pie crust
- I don’t like whipped topping , Can I make my own whipped cream? Yes you can make your own whipped cream .1 1/2 cups of heavy cream should be about the same amount as the container.
- How Long does the pie last after it is made? The pie should be good up to 3 days as long as it is covered in the fridge. The bananas may start to discolor though.
- Can I use a Graham cracker crust ? Yes that is another optional that will make this a completely no baked pie.
As you can see this pie has five simple ingredients . Start by adding the pudding mix to a large mixing bowl and add the milk.
Whisk until everything is smooth and it starts to firm up slightly.
Add half of a container of whipped topping and mis until everything is incorporated .
Slice the bananas and place them in a baked and cooled pie crust,
Spread the banana cream filling over the bananas.
Spread remaining whipped topping on top of the filling. Then top with optional sliced bananas.
If you like this recipe you will love these :
Easy Banana Cream Pie
- 1 9 inch Frozen Pie crust Baked and cooled-see notes
- 2-3 Medium Bananas sliced
- 1 3.4 oz Banana Cream Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Cold Milk
- 1 8 oz whipped topping defrosted & divided
- Bake the pie crust according to the packages directions and allow it to cool
- In a medium mixing bowl empty the pudding mix and pour in the milk
- Whisk until smooth for at least 1-2 minutes . It will start to thicken slightly
- Add half of the container of whipped topping
- Stir with a rubber spatula until everything is incorporated and smooth
- Slice 2 bananas and layer them on the bottom of the cooled pie crust
- Pour pudding mixture over the bananas . Smooth is out to the edges making sure all of the bananas are covered .
- Carefully spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Optional top with sliced bananas .
- Any leftover pie needs to be stored covered in the fridge up to 3 days . The bananas may discolor after a while.