Hello my name is Debbie and I am addicted to blueberry biscuits. Serioulsy , I have made these Easy Blueberry Biscuits so many times the past couple weeks my fingers have a bluish hue . As much as I love my traditional Blueberry Biscuits with Lemon Glaze I am all about saving time. Long before I was sharing my recipes I learned to make 7-up biscuits. I am sure you have seen a version of them floating around on pinterst . They are so yummy and EASY..and that is where I got the inspiration for these Easy Blueberry Biscuits. A few little adjustments and a perfect buttery, melt in your mouth breakfast.
I have made these so many times lately I have discovered a way to save even more time in the mornings. These can be mixed up , cut and placed in the pool of butter then cover them and place them in the fridge overnight. Just add an extra 5 minutes to your baking time since everything will be cold. Your family will love you!
Let me share with you how to make these glorious nugguts of joy. Start off by melting the butter and pouring it in a pie plate
Mix together the bisquick , sour cream and 7-up. It will be a bit sticky but the 1/2 cup of bisquick used to pat it out flat will help that.
Carefully fold in frozen blueberries, use only frozen and don’t over mix them . They will bleed a bit into to dough but that is ok.
Spread part of the reserved bisquick onto a flat surface and turn the dough onto it. Sprinkle the bisquick ontop of the dough and pat it out 3/4-1 inch thick. I used a biscuit cutter but use what you have on hand ,
Place the cut biscuit into the butter in the pie plate. An option here is take a pastry brush abd brush the tops with a little excess butter but it is only optional.
Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Mix Glaze and spoon over warm biscuits
Recommended Supplies for this recipe:
- Biscuit Cutters
- Danish Whisk for mixing
- Pastry Mat for rolling and cutting biscuit, this makes life so easy.
Easy Blueberry Biscuits
- 3 1/2 cups Bisquick -divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Lemon Lime Soda
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
- Melt Butter and pour into the bottom of a pie plate
- Pour 3 cups of bisquick into a bowl and set aside the 1/2 cup for later
- Mix 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 cup of lemon lime soda with the bisquck, the mixture will be slightly sticky
- Carefully fold in frozen blueberries
- Sprinkle half of the reserved bisquick on a flat clean surface and turn out the dough mixture onto it
- Sprinkle some bisquick ontop of the dough and flatten it out with your hands to about 3/4-1 inch thick
- Use a biscuit cutter of your choice..or a cup or whatever you have on hand .. and cut biscuits and lay on top of melted butter giving a little space for the them to spread and rise.
- Bake in preheat oven for 15-20 minutes
- Allow cool slightly
- Mix glaze and spoon over warm biscuits
*This post contains affiliate links